“A Real Gem”

The Business Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 69 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

The romms are vary spacious and quiet. They include a computer for free use as well as a full screen TV. Includes a mini kitchen with a full size fridge/freezer.Staff are extremely helpful and the rates include breakfast with bacon and egg muffins and a bag of goodies to go as well.

• Stayed: August 2014
Write a ReviewReviews (1,657)

Reviewed 3 August 2014

I have stayed here with Mom and dad when visiting Ottawa all the time the last time I stayed here was in late march to early May. The first suite was ok then on to Toronto the second time I was back we were told our suite will be on the 11 floor. I was amazed. I had were the pullout bed was a enormous huge flat screen TV. A kitchen almost in every suite. A breckfast area with coffe and tea and the works. improved form the very first time in the past I was there. The suite was clean and we also had free wi fi. It worked well. I find this hotel great in Ottawa as we have been returning guests. The lobby area is tiny though. There is no pool but I think a exersize room but I never used it. it is very close to downtown. You can even walk outside there on a nice day. Great hotel staff clean rooms. It fells home away from home and you can eat dinner in your hotel suites however we had dinner most times with my old friends and my grandpa in Ottawa. It is a great hotel. Who ever put me in that 11 floor suite cheers to it. great for a Sens fan with a great view. I love a place that included free breckfast. I will still be a returning guest hopefully soon when I come back to Ottawa. Go sens and Fury soccer And the new Ottawa Redblacks football team.

Room Tip: Try the rooms with a balconey on the higher floors for fresh air outside. Brekfast is free.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2014

After entering our room, we were amazed. There's a huge flat screen t.v., a dining table fit for 4, a very nice bedroom (with another flat screen), a balcony with a great view. There's also a kitchen equipped with a refrigirator and freezer (freezer on the top and fridge on the botton) microwave, stove, smaller table for 2, a sink and cabinets. We paid $130 CAD/ night and we had free breakfast and free wifi. We are overall very happy and would gladly come to stay here again and would recommend it to everyone. (you might also want to know that theres no swimming pool, but there is a gym)

Room Tip: We were travelling with our friends. They had a room on the third floor and we had a room on the eig...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2014

I stayed at the hotel (Mini Suite) for two nights earlier this month based on other reviews I had seen and it did not disappoint. It was reasonably priced especially for its location and every room has its own little kitchen unit. Each room also comes with its own computer and printer that is free to use (I printed off maps of the area so I knew where I was walking). The front desk employees were very nice and friendly, and they will even loan you an umbrella. Checking in and out only takes a couple of minutes.

I think the best part was the free breakfast. They would make you breakfast sandwiches and there was a variety of food including waffles, pancakes, toast, croissants, fruit, cheese, yoghurt, tea/coffee, and juices.

There is also free wifi and free laundry facilities available.

Amazing hotel and close to a lot of restaurants and some attractions.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Good things unfolded one at a time at the Business Inn: a great neighbourhood near Parliament and a great rate, a nice lobby, a huge and very comfortable room with wide windows and all the ameneties (e.g., kitchen, steamer, USB outlets). The Tom Thompson painting was a nice finishing touch. I was enjoying soaking all this in on the comfortable bed, turned on the bedside lamp, and experienced 120 volts running across my chest through to my other hand, which was holding a laptop. I was fine, but have occasional heart issues and feel the lamp could have caused a real emergency. At the end of my stay the staff wrote down my room number and promised to look into it. However, I feel the onus was on them to make the room safe in the first place rather than through trial and error, and that is rather hard for me to forgive such a serious accident.

3  Thank James D
Reviewed 25 July 2014

When we checked in we were upgraded to a bigger room (apartment). The apartment we stayed in was bigger than our apartment back home. The hotel was a bit worn down, had a very good gym which we used and ok breakfast. The hotel is perfectly located close to most of the attractions. We will definitely stay here again if we come back

Make sure that you visit the Sir John A pub across the street, they had a very good selection of beer.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed here for three nights in July. Location terrific for walking, sight seeing and enjoying downtown Ottawa. Breakfasts included are great. - hot and cold, great variety, eat as much as you want. Free laundry facility. Free wifi. Three distinguishing touches not the the norm in most Canadian hotels where we've stayed. A real treat.

1  Thank sm_ey12