“Best Place in Ottawa to Stay” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Business Inn & Suites

The Business Inn & Suites
Ranked #7 of 67 Hotels in Ottawa
Nova Scotia
“Best Place in Ottawa to Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2009

The staff at this hotel are incredible. This is the only place I will stay when coming to Ottawa on business.
They are so helpful and accommadating, nothing is to much for them to do.
Location is great and you can walk everywhere. Each room has a small fully equiped kitchen so you don't have to go out to retaurants every day.

It is just the best!!!

• Stayed May 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank jjejermaster

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Oshawa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2009

I usually stay at a nearby hotel when I visit Ottawa which is about once a month. On this trip, however, I was only able to stay at my usual place two out of three nights and had to move the third night since there was no availability. I chose the Business Inn for my third night because of the affordable price, the full kitchen and the location within easy walking distance of Parliament Hill, Rideau Centre and Byward Market. I was pleasantly surprised. There was lots of underground parking and a space was assigned to me. My Signature suite was extremely large and included two sofa beds, a king bed (which was extremely comfortable), a dining room table that could seat six people as well as a smaller table in the kitchen. A computer (with internet access), printer, dvd player, continental breakfast, and newspaper were all included in the price. The only negative thing I could think of is that it is a busy location and noisy, but not enough to keep me from coming back. My room was facing Elgin Street. If I was to stay again, I would request the opposite side of the hotel. The continental breakfast could be improved by adding fresh fruit instead of packaged apples. Staff was very helpful and pleasant. An altogether great experience and wonderful surprise.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank FrequentVisitor1
Ottawa, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2009

I have to say my stay was below average. I agree with others that the hotel itself is very dated and decor is tired. Rug is old. Mint colored hallways? Much needed face lift required to bring this hotel up to modern standards. The parking garage has that "not safe" feeling as others have expressed "dungeon like" and parking stalls very small and tight to get into.

I was in town for a week on business. Little did I know that the rooms facing Elgin Street are VERY loud. Apparently this street is quite the "party street " and there are bars everywhere. I could hear music pounding until 2a.m. People screaming and hollering all night from across the street. Not very peaceful at all. I can only imagine what the summer months must be like. I would suggest asking for a room that does not face Elgin Street if you want to sleep or stay here.

After 1 night of not sleeping due to noise, I walked around the area and found another business hotel called the Bostonian. It is on the same street and only 3 blocks away, in a quiet area with no loud pounding music and screaming people. You can still walk to all the amenities on Elgin Street if you wish, yet you do not have to put up with sleepless nights.

I checked out of the Business Inn and into The Bostonian Executive Suites. What a difference. Like night and day! Next time I am in Ottawa, I will stay at www.thebostonian.ca

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank bestfamilyadventures
Montreal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2009

This hotel is a great place to stay if you are on a budget, amenities include Neutrogena products, a computer with printer in the room, full kitchen, free continental breakfast and a gym. Our room was located right on the corner of the building, we almost had wall to wall windows except for the kitchen area. The staff was the most helpful and friendliest as can be. Once we got home, I realized we forgot a beloved stuffed toy and they sent someone to our room and are mailing it home.

Our executive room was very spacious for 1 adult and 2 school aged kids. The free breakfast included juice, fruits, yogurt, cheese, cereal, muffin, bagel, croissant, waffle, coffee. There's also a tv for news watching in the breakfast suite or you can pick up the daily paper. A hotel personnel would periodically come and replenish the breakfast items.

Being on the corner of the block and only on the 2nd floor can be a problem for light sleepers, I could hear cars passing by. The main bed is very comfortable and the sofa bed was perfect for my kids, they didn't have any trouble sleeping in it. Our room was right over a restaurant and we never heard any noise from downstairs.

The cleaning staff was effective, our room was always as clean as can be. Although the hotel is not right in the middle of downtown, you can still walk and get around very easily in Ottawa. A very short walk takes you to the Rideau Canal, shopping centre or Parliament. Elgin street has multiple restaurants and grocery store is 2-3 blocks away.

I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who is looking for an affordable place to stay.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank 123Jox
India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2008

I just stayed In Business Inn and I must say that it was the best hotel experience I ever had. They provide FREE 24 hr internet facility, TV, free laundry, fully equipped kitchen, excellent friendly staff and spacious rooms and all at a very reasonable rate. its uniquely placed close to the museums, Mall and supermarkets, and some intersting restaurants. Highly recommended! - Dr. AD

• Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
2 Thank outlook007
Ottawa, Ontario
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2008

Love this deal of an apartment hotel smack dab in the middle of downtown Ottawa. Since I chanced upon it I've stayed at the Business Inn every time I'm in Ottawa. Can't beat a studio apartment for $90.00 with a computer, full kitchen and continental breakfast each morning.

• Liked — Ammenities
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank IndyAnney
vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2008

I decided to try a night here during my last trip to Ottawa. The rooms are big and include a lot of extras free of charge. I found it odd that there were so many channels available on their cable service but then they only put a small TV in the room. I could see some people having trouble reading the cable menu from the bed located on the other side of the room. A good mid-level computer is in each room with a large flat screen computer monitor ( larger than the TV) there is also a printer with each computer. They request that you not turn off their computer but the power light is very bright and distracting while trying to sleep. When using your own laptop I found the wifi signal to be too weak for my room. I plugged my laptop into the hi-speed on the supplied computer. As a result of having a computer in each room there is no good work area for your own laptop. The kitchenette is nice but the noise from the fridge may keep some people up. Washrooms are small but they have a nice rain shower, shower head. The bed was a little more firm than I like and didn’t sleep as well as some other hotels I have staid at. The free continental breakfast was one of the best spreads I have seen for a while. The hotel elevators are incredibly slow is often faster just to take the stairs. My biggest thumbs down is the parking. There is a charge for indoor or outdoor parking and the indoor is more expensive. The underground garage is a little daunting as there are some areas that could be a problem if 2 cars are going opposite directions at the same time. On the whole the property could stand a renovation but I will likely try them again next time I am in Ottawa.

• Liked — Free internet, Free breakfast, Free laundry,
  • Disliked — Paid parking really :(
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled solo