1,862 results
All reviews desktop computer free laundry full kitchen signature suite breakfast sandwich steamers made to order breakfast living room huge tv breakfast room parliament hill mini suite elgin st yogurt dining table an apple apartment building
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

The Business Inn has been our place to stay for the past few years when visiting Ottawa. Room, breakfast and front desk staff were always A-l and I have always provided very positive reviews. Unfortunately, this was not the case for this trip. I can still say the hotel, breakfasts, location and front desk staff were great. Management was NOT. Due to a cable running across the ground on hotel property that was not clearly marked and that I didn't see, I tripped and fell hard on my knees and hands. Due to considerable pain in my knees I was unable to leave my room for two days and therefore my holiday was ruined and in fact on my return home it was necessary for me to be checked out at my local hospital. I asked that the accident be reported and the clerk on the front desk advised me that the manager had been advised and would contact me. On my return home I sent an email to the hotel manager but now, 10 days after my fall, I am still having difficulty walking but I have heard absolutely nothing from the hotel. I am not looking to sue or cause any trouble. I would just like to see the cable marked better so that others do not have the same problem. I am very disappointed in management's attitude.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank nanbri1991
BrianTBI, Owner at The Business Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

The cable was not on our property; it was on the sidewalk/City property. It is inaccurate to imply that work by the hotel, rather than the waste removal firm, was involved. It is a winch, attached to a huge garbage truck surrounded by large garbage bins & 2 operators & their usual A-frame warning sign. All of the foregoing would contribute to an awareness of the potential hazard. It is inaccurate to state that the hazard was not clearly marked. Such winch process, has taken place almost daily for over 32 years and there has been no similar mishap (to our knowledge, inclusive of the many other downtown properties, where a winch system is used). There was no negligence on the part of the waste removal firm; you simply experienced an unfortunate accident.

Ottawa was hit by 3 tornadoes on September 21, 2018 and 50% of the City was without Hydro. Momentary & rotating Hydro outages, played havoc with our reservation system/computers. We accommodated as many neighbours and Hydro first responders (from out-of-town), as we could. Shortage of staff, due to personal emergencies, made our being 100% occupied, very demanding. It took 4 to 5 weeks to fully repair the damage to Hydro infrastructure. Your stay, was in the midst of this period. Because you are not from Ottawa, you may have had no appreciation of the serious emergencies that our staff & management were focused on.

We provided a refund, in the spirit of kindness and empathy; such spirit should involve a two-way street.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Stay here for 3 nights midweek. From the outside and reception, I didn't have overly great expectations as it's a little bit dated, but I was very surprised.

The reception staff were really friendly and helpful. Location was really good, only about 15 minutes walk from the parliament hill, but along a road with lots of bars, restaurants and shops.

The room itself was huge - it was like an apartment hotel room, with bed, kitchen, sofa, bathroom and even a computer desk with a full computer. Very comfortable and clean. My room was on the 3rd floor and it was very quiet too.

Breakfast wasn't anything fancy, but plenty available and was more than satisfied.

I was also really pleased to find they had a free laundry room, which was great after a week travelling to freshen my clothes.

Overall for the price I paid, it was really good value, and would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

The rooms are nice and clean. The staff ia very friendly and helpful. The Breakfast is good and even a small bag for picnic etc ia offert. Special thank for this :-)
Only the parkingspace is limeted, so come early...

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 October 2018

good location , good breakfast , clean spacious room
we were in a suite
this is an older hotel , but adds to it's charm
parking while checking in is a bit of an issue as you need a parking "pass"
to park inside or out
we would stay here again !

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2018 via mobile

We stumbled upon The Business quite accidentally when another motel we wanted to book was full. What a gift! I checked the reviews which were all positive. It almost sounded too good to be true. It truly is amazing. Quick check in at 12 pm. Great parking and a wonderful room. Comfortable king bed, internet, wifi, balcony, and kitchen. Really lovely. A great continental breakfast with eggs, bacon, sausage, muffins etc in the morning and a packed bag of water and snacks for your day.
There are so many restaurants nearby. We chose The Fox and Feather pub and Sir John A pub both right next door and both served excellent meals.
I cant say enough about the cleanliness and friendliness of the motel. An added bonus is the sleep noise machine to block out outside noise. Bonus. All motels should have this. We will definitely return.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
TonyTBI, Guest Services at The Business Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your kind comments! We are glad your stay as well as the amenities. We hope to welcome you back soon!