1,881 results
All reviews desktop computer free laundry full kitchen signature suite breakfast sandwich air purifier snack bag steamers living room huge tv parliament hill breakfast room mini suite elgin st yogurt an apple dining table
Reviewed 14 October 2018

The staff are very friendly and attentive. The bed was really comfortable with good pillows. Having access to a computer in the room was a nice convenience, along with having breakfast included. Fairly close walking distance to a lot of local sights and being in the close proximity of Elgin street, there are a lot of places to eat in the general area. Would highly recommend this hotel. We absolutely loved Ottawa, especially the local architecture that exists in the city core. A great experience all around!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
TonyTBI, Guest Services at The Business Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2018

Thank you for your kind comments! We are glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back soon!

Reviewed 9 October 2018

The Business Inn has been our place to stay for the past few years when visiting Ottawa. Room, breakfast and front desk staff were always A-l and I have always provided very positive reviews. Unfortunately, this was not the case for this trip. I can still say the hotel, breakfasts, location and front desk staff were great. Management was NOT. Due to a cable running across the ground on hotel property that was not clearly marked and that I didn't see, I tripped and fell hard on my knees and hands. Due to considerable pain in my knees I was unable to leave my room for two days and therefore my holiday was ruined and in fact on my return home it was necessary for me to be checked out at my local hospital. I asked that the accident be reported and the clerk on the front desk advised me that the manager had been advised and would contact me. On my return home I sent an email to the hotel manager but now, 10 days after my fall, I am still having difficulty walking but I have heard absolutely nothing from the hotel. I am not looking to sue or cause any trouble. I would just like to see the cable marked better so that others do not have the same problem. I am very disappointed in management's attitude.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank nanbri1991
BrianTBI, Owner at The Business Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

The cable was not on our property; it was on the sidewalk/City property. It is inaccurate to imply that work by the hotel, rather than the waste removal firm, was involved. It is a winch, attached to a huge garbage truck surrounded by large garbage bins & 2 operators & their usual A-frame warning sign. All of the foregoing would contribute to an awareness of the potential hazard. It is inaccurate to state that the hazard was not clearly marked. Such winch process, has taken place almost daily for over 32 years and there has been no similar mishap (to our knowledge, inclusive of the many other downtown properties, where a winch system is used). There was no negligence on the part of the waste removal firm; you simply experienced an unfortunate accident.

Ottawa was hit by 3 tornadoes on September 21, 2018 and 50% of the City was without Hydro. Momentary & rotating Hydro outages, played havoc with our reservation system/computers. We accommodated as many neighbours and Hydro first responders (from out-of-town), as we could. Shortage of staff, due to personal emergencies, made our being 100% occupied, very demanding. It took 4 to 5 weeks to fully repair the damage to Hydro infrastructure. Your stay, was in the midst of this period. Because you are not from Ottawa, you may have had no appreciation of the serious emergencies that our staff & management were focused on.

We provided a refund, in the spirit of kindness and empathy; such spirit should involve a two-way street.

Reviewed 8 October 2018

Stay here for 3 nights midweek. From the outside and reception, I didn't have overly great expectations as it's a little bit dated, but I was very surprised.

The reception staff were really friendly and helpful. Location was really good, only about 15 minutes walk from the parliament hill, but along a road with lots of bars, restaurants and shops.

The room itself was huge - it was like an apartment hotel room, with bed, kitchen, sofa, bathroom and even a computer desk with a full computer. Very comfortable and clean. My room was on the 3rd floor and it was very quiet too.

Breakfast wasn't anything fancy, but plenty available and was more than satisfied.

I was also really pleased to find they had a free laundry room, which was great after a week travelling to freshen my clothes.

Overall for the price I paid, it was really good value, and would happily stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
TonyTBI, Guest Relations Manager at The Business Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2018

Dear Dan B,
Thank you for taking time to write us such a nice review. We appreciate your detailed feedback and kind words. We look forward to welcoming you back in a near future. Sincerely, The Business Inn

Reviewed 7 October 2018 via mobile

The rooms are nice and clean. The staff ia very friendly and helpful. The Breakfast is good and even a small bag for picnic etc ia offert. Special thank for this :-)
Only the parkingspace is limeted, so come early...

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear DianaBue, Thank you for taking time to write us a review. We appreciate your comments about the hotel staff and facilities. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Ottawa. Sincerely, The Business Inn

Reviewed 5 October 2018

good location , good breakfast , clean spacious room
we were in a suite
this is an older hotel , but adds to it's charm
parking while checking in is a bit of an issue as you need a parking "pass"
to park inside or out
we would stay here again !

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Dear cnban2, Thank you for taking time to write us such a nice review. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Ottawa. Sincerely, The Business Inn