“Awesome Stay”

Brookstreet Hotel
Ranked #18 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We are local to Ottawa and decided to go to a hotel with an indoor pool for our son's birthday. I knew of the Brookstreet as my work does a lot of business with them. Check-in was fast and convenient. Underground parking. Room (junior suite) was spacious and clean. King size bed and pillows were very comfortable. Pools/ Hot tub were fun for the kids. Not too busy. For kids in the evening, check out the Arcade room. You can sign out kids' movies from the front desk and watch them, cinema style, in the Arcade room. There's also Wii games, all gratis!! We will definitely return.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Brookstreet, Public Relations Manager at Brookstreet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2013

Dear Eric M, A happy belated birthday to your son! We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and made this special occasion memorable with a local getaway. Our games room is certainly a favourite amongst our younger guests, so are the pools. Again, thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I always appreciate a clean and quiet room first and foremost when I travel. The Brookstreet room I had did not have a scenic view or anything, but it was clean and quiet. Since I was working with a tech company just down the street it was in a very convenient location.

Though about 30 minutes from the airport it was not hard to find. The staff was very friendly, and was very helpful with any of my questions.

The only reason I did not rate the Brookstreet a 5 is for the lack of choices for dinner. Both options were quite expensive, and the less expensive option was hosting some sort of loud mixer the night I wanted to go there. All in all the food was good, but the price for the portion of food was a bit high for my liking.

Room Tip: I think a golf course view might be a bit more scenic.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Brookstreet, Public Relations Manager at Brookstreet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear ParentsOfRedheadBoy, Thank you for your review. We're delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. Please be sure to ask for a golf course view should you return to Ottawa. Those views sure are spectacular!

Reviewed 24 November 2013

My historic and miraculous touchdown in Ottawa was accented by my stay at the Brookstreet Hotel nestled in Kanata's suburbs. It was my first and long awaited visit to that part of Canada. The hospitality and the beauty of the hotel gave it a place among one of Canada's finest hotels for natives and visitors alike. After a thorough research, I never wished to book at any other hotel because of the beauty and convenience for traveling to downtown Ottawa which was my place of interest. The hotel and its surroundings were ideal for my three-day stay which was planned only within four days due to the dictates of opportunity. In addition, it was a delicious getaway from school for two days- Friday and Monday. Brookstreet Hotel will be my stay whenever I visit Ottawa again. Last, my stay was a memorable one which I cannot and will never forget.

Room Tip: Be specific about your needs
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Brookstreet, Public Relations Manager at Brookstreet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Dear Winsome W, We love to hear from guests that like Brookstreet as much as we do! We are thrilled to hear that you had a fantastic stay and look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

We stayed for one night for a company Xmas party. Check-in was fast and easy. Our room was very roomy, we had 1 King bed, very clean. Nice flat screen tv. Bathroom large and clean, with plenty soft and fluffy towels.The hotel is in the e high tec/business area so view are not spectacular. We couldnt find the ice machine, reception told us to dial "0" andice wouldbe brought to us, it was very promptly. We decided that at 930am we would not really benefit from the Sunday Brunch for $29.99 so didnt eat there. Would definitely return

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Rafiki O, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Brookstreet. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us, but please be sure to return! Not just to experience our sumptuous Sunday Brunch, but also for our other dining options, spa services and/or live jazz nights, not to mention golf in the spring/summer/fall months.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Our stay was in a clean and modern room-very affordable for brilliant quaility. My only concern was a strange few incidents interacting with staff. Our room reserved a week before arrival was reserved but appearently my card declined. I find it odd that I was never called or alerted until arriving at 9am after a red eye flight. If we did not have a wedding to prep for at noon we would of taken our buisness elsewhere. I called and the card had well over 3grand. No explanation from either party. Of course I found that after I got back to the states- after a $30 upsale per night to a balcony room. (We had reserved a room for early arrival only to find no room saved in our initial price range) it took a different card faxed by my mother to finally secure our room. The other incident was our breakfast menu wasnt picked up. Finally around 10:15 we discovered the menu and called down. We got our meal fast but it still put us behind in our schedule. Our door was also knocked on for cleaning even though we had the do not disturb sign up. Rather strange because the hotel is beautiful and while I am confused by some of their decisions - the staff is quite friendly and knowledgeable. Even with the upsale, the room is incredibly affordable for quality.

• Stayed: November 2013

Dear eggmanmeggan, Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are thrilled that you liked the affordability, quality and cleanliness of your guest room. However, we are disappointed to hear about some of the hiccups you encountered. Early check-ins are only ever guaranteed for 11am, simply due to our departure day check out policy (12noon). Again, thank you for your stay. We hope to be welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Clean, comfortable, good service.
Bar with live piano good for informal business discussions.
Booked additional suite as meeting room for a few hours. Worked well.

Convenient to lots of companies in the area.........so competition may be staying there also.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear Vincent T, Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us. We hope to be welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 November 2013

I booked with this hotel a week before a planned trip to Kanata for an NHL hockey game through Hotwire and I couldn't be happier. I had never booked this way before so I didn't know what to expect, but was pleasantly surprised when I was told which hotel we had. Since I was travelling with my dad, I called the hotel to make sure we ended up with 2 queen beds and not a king.

Upon arrival to the hotel, which is in a business section of town, we checked in effortlessly. There was a bit of confusion since they wanted to give us a king bed, but after a minute the front desk got us 2 queens up on the 16th floor.

Parking for the hotel is underground , which costs $14 .... knowing now that the outdoor parking can be used by the hotel, we would have parked outdoors and saved a few dollars.

The hotel is exceptionally clean, new, modern. There are 2 restaurants , a fine dining and the other is a jazzbar/pub style food. The room we received was huge, very clean and comfy beds. Bathroom was spotless and huge.

The pool/fitness/sauna area is clean clean clean.

Girl at front desk was very helpful and not hard on the eyes at all !!!

Here's the downfalls of the hotel.

- Being in the business area of town, there aren't many restaurant you can walk to. urger King, Subway and a local pub all close before 10pm even on weekend.
- Hotel restaurants/bar is expensive. $20 for 2 beer, $14 for eggs with bacon, burgers nearing $20. Needless to say we didn't eat here.
-Chocolate bars/treats they have in the room are overpriced. $4 for a small chocolate bar, $7 for peanuts, almost $10 for a bottle of water, etc.
-Front desk should tell you parking is free outside , not upsell to underground for $14.
-Jazz bar is sort of small and very busy after 9pm. No seats available unless you arrive early.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Brookstreet, Public Relations Manager at Brookstreet Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear SudburyVacationer, thank you very much for taking the time to submit such a detailed review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and hope to be able to welcome you again in the near future.