All reviews great hosts top floor other guests private bathroom toilet room bed and breakfast older home cakes scones quiet neighborhood like coming home walk downtown parliament hill rideau river three rooms stayed two nights visiting ottawa lovely room
Reviewed 19 October 2015

I stayed for 2 nights in early September. I could summarize my experience at Australis B&B as: Good location, clean, cosy and comfortable room, very nice and accommodative hosts, fantastic breakfast! I highly recommend it.

Date of stay: September 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 September 2015

A lovely stay at a comfortable B & B . A tidy and clean room with comfortable bed and good pillows. Plenty of space to put our things with a small "dressing room". Breakfasts were excellent and cooked on demand. Thank you Carol and Brian for your attention to detail in your home. A happy experience.

Room tip: We were very happy with our experience at Australis.
Date of stay: September 2015
1  Thank Sallyjane2013
Reviewed 4 September 2015

Stayed 2 nights in late August and really had an enjoyable stay. Brian sat us down on arriving and gave us an overview of Ottawa complete with map. Room was comfortable and bed was great. Breakfast was a highlight with choices of entrees. Wished we had 2 more breakfasts there to experience all the choices. The main highlight was sitting at the breakfast table with the other guests and Carol, talking about anything and everything. Carol is such a seasoned traveler and was fascinating to talk with. What gracious hosts and so hel[pful, making our stay in the nations capitol so very memorable+ Thankyou so much.

Reviewed 31 August 2015

We really enjoyed our 2-night stay in this B&B. Our rooms occupied all of the third floor which made it private. The hosts are very friendly, helpful, and interesting. Breakfast (8-9 am) includes juice, fresh fruit with yogurt, scones, coffee/tea, and a choice of entrée such as omelets made with fresh herbs from the garden. The B&B is within walking distance of the center of town so we were able to leave our car in the provided parking place. There is an excellent pub around the corner which gives a 10% discount to B&B guests, and if you want to splurge there is also a Cordon Bleu Signature restaurant nearby. We would definitely stay here again.

1  Thank TRic123
Reviewed 26 August 2015

This is going to be my home away from my busy life in Syracuse New York....I enjoyed my stay...very quite rooms. I had the whole top floor to myself. Didn't have to share with anyone. I slept like a baby...I loved it. But the best part of AustralisBB is their breakfast (8-9am), hmmm! scrumptious!. Brian and his wife (God bless their giving hearts) literally will wait on you hand and foot serving you the best breakfast ever. Loved it. Try it and I'm 100% positive you will not regret your experience. Oh! by the way...I met two very kind travelers from Germany. What an experience....

Room tip: Quite area...
  • Trip type: Travelled with family