“Awful service”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Ottawa
“Awful service”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Have been here a couple times. Food is OK, nothing to rave about. But the service has been consistently terrible. Never have I left a restaurant feeling like I was a such neusance to the staff. Will not return because of this.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank ChipsAhoya

“We will return.”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We have had dinner twice this month. The most positive feature is the service. The servers are both knowledgeable and accommodating. Of equal importance, they have a very hands on manager who, when a server is tied up with one activity, steps in quickly to take care of the customers.

The design of the restaurant is pub style. For this type of environment, it is very comfortable and has a reasonable noise level. However, it is too loud for our taste when it is very busy.

A very interesting and eclectic menu. Lot's of choices and, in our experience, they can deliver as advertized. While the Sushi/Sashimi is not Vancouver quality it is very good for Ottawa. The one small complaint is the absence of items using various types of roe.

On the whole, a good experience. We will return.

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank byrddawg
Ottawa, Canada
“Looks sexy but doesn't quite deliver”
Reviewed 26 June 2014

I remember seeing this restaurant under construction, loved the exterior.
Menu looked interesting, I was looking forward to trying it.
We ordered a number of different appetisers (happy hour so it was dinner plates
in smaller portions). I like doing this as we get to try a wider variety of the menu.
The food was ok, maybe my expectation was too high.
I was looking for some funky flavors given their description.
It was just ok. Food just didn't stand out.
I'd go again if I was with a group but I don't think I'd pick this out again.

• Visited May 2014
“Nice Surprise!”
Reviewed 21 June 2014

We decided last minute on a Thursday night to walk the Elgin Street strip and look for something new to try. After a walk up and down we settled on Izakaya partly because we miss the Big Daddy's that used to be located there, partly because it offered open window seats for people watching and partly because we were intrigued by the concept of Japanese tapas. Not knowing what to expect, we ordered drinks (an Izakaya Cosmos for my wife and an Italian Pinot Grigio for me) and set about choosing some small plates to share. The drinks were good and we chose four dishes: the edamame dip, sweet potato croquettes, octopus dumplings and duck fried rice. I suppose having no expectation at all really sets the bar low but overall, we were really satisfied with our adventure and will definitely be back. My wife loved the freshness of the edamame dip although I was ambivalent about it at best. The octopus dumplings were full of flavour if not a bit on the mushy side. The sweet potato fritters were quite tasty and the duck fried rice was a revelation. I love duck and this dish had nice taste and big pieces of duck strewn throughout. The portions were generous and we ended up taking some home to consume enthusiastically the next day. We were pleasantly surprised with the bill as everything came up to about $51 excluding tip - very reasonable for a satisfactory meal out on Elgin Street. We will be back as I am still dreaming about that duck fried rice...

• Visited June 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“going downhill”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

They used to have an amazing dinner menu, pork belly, tuna tartar, beef tartar, etc. Keep trying back every couple months and menu items keep decreasing, all the good food items are gone I don't know why they would ever get rid or the tartar's or especially the amazing pork belly they used to have. On a positive note, Hello Kitty cocktail - best drink ever!

• Visited May 2014