All reviews king loft macdonald room smallest room ensuite bathroom quiet street hard wood floors byward market sandy hill other guests jacuzzi tub fresh fruit parliament hill each morning minute walk both mornings small balcony first morning
Reviewed 5 January 2016 via mobile

We were really impressed with this b&b. We rented the Laurier room and it was modest in size but it was decorated with good taste and everything was clean and tidy, with all the desired ammenities. The two other rooms are much more impressive in size and I’d recommend them if you can afford it.

Keven and Cassey were really good hosts and we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. They were really helpful in pointing out what to do in town and good eating spots. The breakfast was very good. Just be wary, the parking situation is a bit tricky in the winter but the owners provide a parking spot in a parking lot nearby. I’ll probably book again in the summer.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roving403898
Reviewed 27 November 2015

I really enjoyed my stay at Benner's B&B. The room was very confortable (I had the MacDonald room), the bathroom was very nice, and most importantly for me, everything was spotless. The breakfast was really delicious, with very generous portions. Kevan, the owner, makes you feel welcome as soon as you arrive. I felt at home. I want to come back in the summer to take advantage of the balcony and the beautiful area. I definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Chan_Mik
Reviewed 2 November 2015

This is a high quality B&B. The owners are very nice, warm, helpful and take pride in their operation. The house is located in a very nice neighbourhood tucked away in a busy Area close to downtown. It is all treed and well-looked after. The house is decorated with good taste, the rooms very clean and well provided, the breakfast is great. It is located close to the main touristic areas in downtown. A 15-20 min walk was enough for us to get there. The B&B includes parking so that you can also drive easily to downtown.

We were left wishing for nothing else. You need to coordinate with the owner your arrival time in advance, firm, as he may not be in when you get there. May not be so easy if your flight is delayed or you are driving and visiting the surrounding areas.

We loved it and will go back to it in the future. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2015

From the moment you arrive you realize you are in capable and caring hands. Kevin has created a warm and spotless getaway spot close to all the key places in Ottawa. the parking is free (around the corner) and the breakfasts are worthy of a 4 star hotel dining room. My only caveat: ask for ice as soon as you get in!

Room Tip: This is a quiet, residential neighbourhood but within a few blocks of downtown Ottawa.
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 July 2015

We stayed at Benner's for 4 nights. It was all great. We had a lovely, spotlessly-clean room with a balcony. The bathroom was not en suite, but it was very accessible down the hall and exclusively for our use. They also provided robes for us to use if we did get up in the nighttime. The bathroom was also spotless and modern with a deep tub jacuzzi. We only used the jacuzzi once, but it was great as the rain was pattering above me on the skylight. There are three rooms in the B and B and we all ate delicious communal breakfasts. We enjoyed all the people staying at the B and B, one reason we are real aficionados of B & Bs. The B and B is very homey with lovely art throughout. What made the stay extra special was the people who own Benner's. They were interesting, friendly, informative and kind. There is off-street parking in a nearby apartment complex, very convenient. There was reliable wi-fi. The location is about about a mile from the main attractions of Ottawa, including the Byward market, a locale with very good restaurants. We will definitely return to Benner's on any returns we make to Ottawa, a city we really love.

Room Tip: We loved our room with the balcony!
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple