“Very friendly, charming and helpful hostess and...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

French first
Any
Jimlor201...
Perth
“Very friendly, charming and helpful hostess and beautiful clean apartment.”
Reviewed 20 March 2017 for a stay in September 2015

Judith was really friendly, and gave us heaps of good information about the condo and the city. The apartment was very clean, comfortable, quiet and fully-equipped with everything we needed. We were only there for two days but wish we had longer, and would gladly stay there again. The bus to downtown Ottawa is close by, as are supermarkets and other shops.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Oasis in the City”
Reviewed 12 September 2016 for a stay in September 2016

Condo owner Judith met us when we arrived. She was very welcoming and quickly made us feel at home in her clean and well equipped condo. Super organized host! Great information folder provided about the condo, sport complex, indoor and outdoor pool. Also left her phone number and other important numbers. Large walk in closet was a treat.

Beautiful park-like setting with large trees, big fountains and beautiful flowers. We enjoyed the outdoor pool on a very hot day! Good air conditioning in bedroom, a very comfortable king-sized bed and a charming little balcony with table and chairs that makes you feel you are in a treehouse.

We would definitely return

vzorb
Montreal, Canada
“Great place!”
Reviewed 28 May 2016 for a stay in May 2016
person found this review helpful

This is a great place to stay. The apartment, although not located downtown, is conveniently located. It is 5 minutes from 2 grocery stores and a pharmacy. There are some fast food restaurants, a bakery and a restaurant nearby. There are 2 bus routes (lines 7 and 12) that bring you directly downtown (about 20 minutes).
The apartment is clean, comfortable and spacious for 2 people. It has a good kitchen, a great king size bed, a nice little private balcony with birds and trees, as well as access to a gym, and indoor and outdoor pool (not in same building).
We cannot say enough about the owner Judith. She is a warm and welcoming person. She was very attentive and had added some really nice touches, including great toiletries and a bottle of wine. She even offered to pick us up from the bus station!
We highly recommend this place if you are in Ottawa. We've already booked it again for later this summer!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
JTK423
Wildwood Crest, New Jersey
“As advertised”
Reviewed 17 November 2014 for a stay in November 2014
people found this review helpful

This one bedroom condo was as advertised - very clean, well stocked, quiet area but very close the tourist areas. There are some excellent restaurants close by. I plan on staying here again. I can't say enough about how wonderful Judith was.

George T
Wellington, New Zealand
“quiet apartment”
Reviewed 16 November 2014 for a stay in August 2014
person found this review helpful

The flat was in many ways suitable for our four night stay – sufficient room, clean, a good kitchen. The area is quiet and has considerable greenery, with trees and gardens.

The major problem was the system of entry at the start of the stay. It relied absolutely on either being able to arrive on time, or being able to phone about delays. There was no back-up system to access keys. So our plane delay (which we could not have avoided) meant we arrived late and missed our arranged meeting. A back-up access for keys is essential (either a neighbor or separate physical code, which other apartments we have used have arranged).

Because the apartment is well off the street (good for quiet) the taxi driver took over 15 minutes searching to find the building at night.

No small basic food items available. This is really essential for late-arriving visitors, even just milk, bread, cheese etc.

The wifi/internet system broke down while we were there. This was inconvenient.

A small problem also was that only one set of keys was available. This is a significant disadvantage when the two members of a couple are doing different things.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the quiet
Liked least: the access
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
30 Nov 2014
I would like to thank you for your comments. I am glad to know that my apartment was very comfortable, clean and pleasant. My first concern is that any visitor can spend a great time and have an unforgettable hosting experience.
I agreed to accept your comments even though I suspected it would not be positive because it allows me to continuously improve my services and especially clarify your statements and help my future travelers not to hesitate to contact me and let me know in advance their special needs so that I can serve them efficiently.
Like you, I would have preferred your arrival on time to avoid all the inconvenience, but things aren’t always under our control and to minimize the impacts, communication is key. You have not provided me your flight number, which would have allowed me to have the information of your delay by calling the airport. I have showed flexibility and was able to push your arrival time from 5:00 PM (official arrival time) to 8:00 PM in order to accommodate you. I was open to any adjustment, asking you only to let me know any change in your plans as I live 45 minutes away from the apartment. Your late arrival caused me a lot of inconvenience. In fact, I had to go to the apartment to release the cleaning staff at 4:00 pm, then go back at 7:30 pm to welcome you at 8:00 pm as agreed. I waited until 10:30 pm, 3 hours in the parking lot and how could I think you were just late? I even called the phone number in your profile and I came across your mailbox and I left a message informing you that I was waiting for you for more than 3 hours. I started doubting of your arrival day as it happened in the past that there was a mistake with the reservation of another guest. It would have been helpful for all of us if you had called me from the airport to let me know your late arrival and that you were now on the way to the apartment, since you knew I needed at least 45 min notice. I am sure you understand that would not stay all the night at the apartment as I do not live there. So I went back home and I just when I was parking my car you called me, and I had to go back to the apartment another time and it took me less than 20 min that time because there was not traffic.
I recently stayed in a hotel close to the highway and I can assure you that I was not able to easily get to sleep because of the traffic, I am extremely proud of the location of my apartment. Most of my visitors have expressed their appreciation about its location in an oasis peace away from the noisy traffic and just 5 minutes from Montreal Road and St. Laurent Street, which are major roads.
The unavailability of food is because of allergies and intolerance that some travelers may have. It is highly not recommended to leave perishable foods like milk, cheese, etc. As you mentioned, my kitchen is well equipped and I supplied the oil, salt, pepper… basic needs for cooking, but I let travelers the freedom to find what's suitable for feeding. There are some restaurants that are open 24h / 24h. I have prepared a folder containing the names and contacts of these restaurants and I showed the folder to you.
I didn’t want to open the discussion on the modem but I have to, since you mentioned it. Did you know that the technician of the Internet supplier informed me that you were responsible of the internet outage? By moving the table the modem was in, despite the reference to not move it, the modem fell down, which caused the damage and of course the interruption of Internet. It was necessary to install a new modem, which was another inconvenient for me. I am really surprised that you are blaming me for an inconvenient that you caused.
I appreciate your suggestion regarding a second set of keys. I will have a second set of keys available for better accommodation of my guests. Before you, all of them were tourists and did not have different schedules during their stay. If you had requested a second set of keys, I would have provided it to you within a day.
In short, I take your comments into consideration and I thank you. I still hope to see you next time in order to better serve you. Thanks for everything!

Stt-Stc
GZMB
San diego
“Great apt, very hospitable owner”
Reviewed 22 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

The apartment was beyond our expectations and we were very well looked after by our host Judith. In all honesty, we couldn't thank her enough! Note however that it is further out of town than what is shown on the tripadvisor map. It's very easy to catch a bus into the Downtown area though so don't let that put you off.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Lena V
Clifton, New Jersey
“Great experience”
Reviewed 14 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

Awesome location - close to major attractions, food stores, restaurants, yet very quiet and relaxing . The apartment is extremely clean and accommodating .
The host Judith is awesome - very helpful and generous: she provided us with all attractions flyers, all necessary telephone numbers, all the info the tourist may wish. She also prepared for us the best quality lotions, soups, tooth brushes and other cute little things. Judith even allowed us to use her washer/ dryer mashies and her phone to make a long distance calls to the USA.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing