“Awesome !”

Shirley Samantha's Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #17 of 53 Ottawa B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 July 2012

My wife and I stayed at Shirley Samantha's for two nights in May (Maple Tree room). We had never stayed at a B&B before, but because Shirley Samantha's had great reviews in TripAdvisor, we decided to stay there rather than renting an apartment.

However great reviews the other travelers had already submitted to TripAdvisor, it is better still! Cynthia and Paul were always kind and helpful, and they took care of every single detail to make our stay pleasant and remarkable.

We arrived in Ottawa by train and it took only about 5 minutes to get to the B&B by cab. We were welcomed by our hosts, Cynthia and Paul, who showed us our room and the adjoining room where there were homemade cookies, pops in the fridge and lots of leaflets with tourism information and bus itineraries.

Breakfasts were simply the best we have ever had. Everything was homemade and served in a very charming atmosphere. When we booked (by e-mail) Cynthia asked us if we had any special dietary requirements or any preferences.

Their place was absolutely clean, neat and very well kept. It is also very well located. It takes only a 20-minutes walk to get to the Byward Market and other tourist attractions. There is also a bus stop nearby.

When we were going back to the train station, we decided to walk (about 20 minutes) and Paul gave us the directions.

Staying at Shirley Samantha's was definitely a wonderful experience. Cynthia and Paul were absolutely great! We would surely stay there again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fpereira76

Reviewed 28 June 2012

My husband and I recently stayed here on our vacation in Ottawa. The hosts, Cynthia & Paul, are very friendly and welcoming, and have a very lovely home. We stayed in the Crab Apple Room, and while the room does not have an ensuite, there is a private bathroom just a couple of steps across the hall. They even supply bath robes. Our room was very clean and comfortable. The delicious breakfasts provided were some of the best I have ever had. The B&B is within a short walk to bus stops, which will take you into the city centre in about 10 minutes. I would most definitely stay here again and highly recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2012

I have been travelling a lot these years and stayed in many places, but Shirley Samantha's B&B is one of the best experiences I have ever had! Location is good, it's not in the city centre but there is a bus stop nearby that takes you to the centre in 10mins. There is also a supermarket just nearby (in case you need to buy some food) and the river is over there, so nice to have a walk.The room is very beautiful, with a very nice decoration, clean and comfortable. There is a room with cookies and beverages available for the guests plus several interesting books. There is no TV but it is part of the charme of the place, so quiet and relaxing! Everything is perfect, so charming and very well organized in each detail!
The breakfast is simply amazing! The owners, Cynthia and Paul, prepare special recipes every day, breakfast time has never been so delicious and enjoyable. The owners are wonderful, a very kind and helpful couple, they did all possible to assist me during my trip.
My trip in Ottawa will be always in my mind also thanks to this B&B, one of the best experiences that I suggest to everybody.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank acia83
Reviewed 9 April 2012

this B&B was wonderful, the hosts as nice and helpful as could be, and the breakfasts plentiful and delicious. The room was lovely and comfortable.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank grandmamyraof3
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I've never stayed at a B&B before and was somewhat scared, but I LOVED my stay at Shirley Samantha's. The house was really clean. The room was spacious and the bathroom was very nice. But most importantly, the breakfast was AMAZING! Cynthia is a fantastic cook. She made the greatest zucchini chocolate chip muffins, buttermilk scones, and egg o'muffin! I loved the cookies in the study as well. Cynthia was very accomodating to my diet and made delicious lactose-free cookies for me! The next time I'm in Ottawa, I would definitely go back!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ada W
Reviewed 29 October 2011

Having two daughters at University in Ottawa over the past ten years, I have made the trip down the 401 from Mississauga many times. This past summer was the first time I stayed in a B&B. As I was looking for accomodations downtown, it never occured to me to seek a B&B. My partner and I were thrilled! The home (although unassuming from the street) was delightful. We stayed in the room with seperate private bath. All our needs were attended to from internet access to cold drinks and cookies. Cynthia was quite interested in our latest hobby geocaching and helped up navigate to my daughter's place with ease. We stayed two nights and each breakfast was a sheer delight. We shared our morning meal ourdoors the first day with a young couple from Germany and the second morning we ate inside with French guests. A delightful experience - one that will require us to return on our next trek through the city!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TTTravels
Reviewed 14 October 2011

I have nothing bad to say about Cynthia and her B&B. My wife, my 8-mth son and I stayed two nights in the bigger room with private shower. The room is very spacious and still has enough space after we put in a foldable crib. The house is well furnished and decorated, and very clean - spotless! Cynthia made us so comfortable and felt at home. Cynthia entertained my 8-mth baby during breakfast and he loves her reponding with lots smiles! This B&B definitely is family friendly. As many other reviewers already mentioned, Cynthia's culinary skills are superb. She cooks the best breakfast - both tastes and looks awesome, better than many 5-star hotels. For the price you pay, you get the best value!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family