“Run away, run far away”

Ranked #12 of 74 Nightlife in Ottawa
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Run away, run far away”
Reviewed 13 February 2011

Never have I been to a place with such rude bartenders, bouncers and servers in my life.

Expect : drinks incorrect from what you ordered. Food to take aaaaages to arrive, then show up cold. Wait staff to ignore you - my friend had to ask six times for a glass of water. Bouncers looking to throw as many people out as possible to make room for the surge of people that suddenly are lined up outside.

Feels like - A factory. Irish atmosphere seems forced and fake, especially when all the customers are 20-25 year olds in preppy american eagle style clothing.

Would Suggest to - The type of masochist that appears to line up outside this place every weekend, only to have the same disappointing experience time after time.

6 Thank GavinT99

Juneau, Alaska
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Good Place for a Late Lunch with friends”
Reviewed 8 February 2011

I was visiting friends in Ottawa and after some shopping we decided to have a late lunch. There were four of us and we had our selection of tables. It was so cold outside and so nice and warm in the Heart & Crown. Upon entering, there seems to be one room after another to walk through and select where you want to sit. The atmosphere was a bit like a sports bar, as every room seemed to have a television tuned to hockey. We received menus right away and our beverage order was taken. We each ordered different items from the menu and we all enjoyed our food. Adequate portions, good service, fun wait staff. The rest rooms were clean too. No complaints - I'd go back and try something else on the menu.

Visited December 2010
Ottawa, ontario
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Appalling treatment by the Bouncers”
Reviewed 1 February 2010

The bouncers are uncaring, disrespectful individuals. Instead for diffusing situations, they thrive on escalating it, often provoking patrons. They had lost my friends jacket and instead of going to look for it, they wanted to throw us out, in - 30 weather, because we refused to leave without our jackets. The bouncer then decided to escalate the situation by stepping toe to toe with me and screaming in my face “did you just say no to me” and acting like he was going to physically harm me. I stepped back disgusted with his behaviour of wanting to intimidate a women by instilling the fear of physical harm. I am a small 5’2 female and did not appreciate being bullied by some large man with the threat of physical force. It was unnecessary and I feel violated. What type treatment is that? There are so many other places to go in Ottawa. Dealing with this pub staff is not worth it !

8 Thank lboota
Ottawa
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“If You Have a Gold Card...Don't Go”
Reviewed 31 August 2009

I have heard many stories lately about people of a certain age (say above 28) being invited in, charged a cover, and then the bounce staff finds a reason to remove the patron from the club. The most recent of these occurred on August 28, 2009 and invovled the allegation that my buddy's fiance was "red eyed, staggering, and obviously drunk" when in fact she had been sitting at a table listening to the band and then was dancing....hmmmm. I guess they want the tweenies in there with $40 to spend and then get out and anybody of any serious net worth is encouraged to come for lunch or dinner. Do yourself a favour and find a friendly Irish Pub, there are plenty in Ottawa.

7 Thank YOWLaw
Ottawa, Ontario
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Power-tripping Abusive Bouncers”
Reviewed 1 March 2009

Friday night Feb. 27 started out fine. However, one of the young Bouncers trying to impress his other Bouncer buddies decide to throw my friend out. Apparently, he was drunk and staggering around according to the Bouncer. In fact he was no drunker than 99% of the crowd there. The funny crazy guy that my friend is decided to get up and do a little dance on the empty dance floor. This was their justification for kicking him out. Very innocent and causing no harm to anyone. If only the Bouncers would concentrate on the really drunk 17 or 18 year olds rather than singling out my 38 year old friend would have been a lot better. My friend left quietly, but several of my friends took offence. This escalated into Abusive Pushing by multiple Bouncers and eventually Abuse and Assult outside the club with a 5 on 1 confrontation. I know I will never go there again and so will the other 20 or so of my friends. Mr. Managers you need to clean up your act and control your goons or risk a law suite in the future.

13 Thank OttawaTravelGuy123