“Excellent Location & Great Hosts”
Review of Auberge des Arts

Auberge des Arts
Ranked #11 of 53 Ottawa B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 December 2013

I moved to Ottawa in August and it was my first time living away from home. Pierre and Chantal were excellent hosts and helped me sort out everything from a new phone, to a place to rent, to local attractions.
My room was great value for money and breakfast each day was amazing!
The location could not be better. It's within walking distance to the main shopping centre and many of the museums and galleries, as well as the Basilica.
I still go back to Auberge sometimes to ask Pierre and Chantal about upcoming events and attractions in Ottawa.
Staying at Auberge was a fantastic introduction to Canadian life.

Room Tip: If you're on a budget and travelling alone, the little room upstairs is best and it has a balcon...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank RebeccaTracy

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Went for one night cause its located very close to us ebassy. They picked me up at the bus stop at 1045 pm.. no charge, that tell you how exceptional it's the customer service...the owners take care of everything you could need. It's also super clean and confortable..all the information of the city available... I definitly recomended.

• Stayed: September 2013
5  Thank chan7
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I stay at the Auberge des Arts every time I come to Ottawa. The place is extremely clean, the breakfast is delicious, and Pierre and Chantal go out of their way to make one feel welcome. This time around, Pierre even took me to my appointment by car as I was leaving! It's also a great location - walking distance both from downtown and from the University of Ottawa Greyhound stop if you come from Montreal. The only drawback are the shared bathrooms, but as they are always spotless and as there are two of them this isn't really a problem. I'm looking forward to coming again!

Room Tip: The whole house has air conditioning, but some rooms also have windows that can be opened for more a...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank M0ntreal11
Reviewed 10 April 2012

The service is excellent and the breakfast are the best ever. The owners are very helpful people. Rooms are very comfortable. The ideal location in the heart of the ByWard Market, close to all the main attractions in Ottawa.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
4  Thank amoghasiddhi
Reviewed 2 April 2012

We find ourselves on the same wavelength as CAYNA of London, England in her review of this place. The place is reasonably clean otherwise at first site (and first smell) I am afraid that we would not have honoured our reservation. We did not find the place inviting: look at the pictures taken by reviewers. The place look dilapidated and needs major upgrades.
On the Plus side: Nice location, Mattresses and sheets, washrooms are nice, breakfast is excellent and hosts are very helpful.
On the Minus side: bad decoration and below average furniture, holes in the wall, smell of an old unaired place, unable to open windows, TV is too small, one row of parking space: you need to leave your car keys at the desk so the host is able to move the cars back and forth so the car placed in front of the others is able to get out.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank RuyBlasHugo
Reviewed 3 December 2010

I had a very nice time at this place which is located close to Bymarket. It`s very personal, Pierre told me all about I had to see and he really cared. Highly recommendable!

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank LeWoife
Reviewed 6 September 2010

I frequently drive my daughter to Ottawa for the University of Ottawa and always stay in a bed and breakfast. I like to change things up and noticed this b&b back in April.

Based on the positive reviews, I decided to stay here.

The level of service and caring is outstanding. This feels like a real home, not a sterile hotel building.

There are new mattresses throughout the house. Mine certainly was comfortable.

The breakfasts are really nice. You basically tell the host what you would like. We started with a fruit salad. I had grapefruit juice, which doesn’t seem readily available. I had French toast with eggs, over easy and my daughter had crepes. My daughter stayed at her apartment and I wasn’t charged for her meal.

There is no charge for the off street parking, right in the driveway beside the house. You can walk to the National Art Gallery in two minutes and all of the other Ottawa sights and attractions are similarly nearby. The neighbourhood is quiet, with very little traffic.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family