All reviews turquoise room gold room other guests every morning minute walk gourmet breakfast byward market a lovely place to stay within easy walking distance canadian war museum comfortable beds perfect location enjoyed our stay downtown ottawa guest rooms stayed nights home away from home
Reviewed 7 December 2015

I really didn't want to write this review because selfishly I didn't want to tell anyone about this great little place.

When travelling, I base my property choices on the old real estate axiom; location, location, location. The Century House is perfectly located on a relatively quiet residential street a 5-10 minute walk to the By-ward Market and a 10-15 minute walk to Parliament Hill. Be sure to get take-out from Island Flava on Dalhousie in the Market if you like Caribbean food. Best meal of my trip and cheapest as well (review elsewhere).

Great to have parking included in the nightly rate. This is rare so close to the prominent tourist areas. Shoes are left at the the front doors upon entry, so you may wish to bring slippers of some sort.

I stayed in the Gold Room and it was perfect. Excellent size, great HD TV with numerous premium channels. Excellent water pressure in the shower (no tub) and, surprisingly, soft water. There were other guests at the time of my stay, but I did not hear them. Great bed and pillows plus quite nice bedding.

As stated by others, Vittorio is a fantastic host. He gave me his cell number to text him any special requests. My mornings were early for work. Vittorio provided me with cereal, fruit and juice to get me going. On one of the three days, Vittorio made me his typical guest breakfast which he normally doesn't serve until 8:30am. He made his Apple Puff Pancake which was just about the best breakfast ever!!! Fantastically delicious!! Forget the blueberry idea and stick with the apples Vittorio!

One minor complaint, but not one to sway how I felt about my stay, was that the garbage in my room was not emptied over the three nights I stayed. Maybe empty the garbage daily Vittorio, just for cleanliness and keeping the room fresh. Perhaps also some flowers or a plant of some sort in the room.

All-in-all a fantastic place to stay in the heart of the capital of Canada. When I return to work in Ottawa I will definitely try to stay here again. Wish my wife and son could stay here as well, but it is adults only. How about making an exception for a well-behaved 11-year old, Vittorio? :)

Room Tip: Gold room is in back. Biggest and very quiet but also most expensive.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 November 2015

All the qualities one looks for are at the century Bed and Breakfast. Spotless,quiet, rooms have ensuites,desks and WiFi. Gourmet breakfasts and good coffee. The host and all guests were both polite, and well versed in the art of conversation. The B&B is minutes away from Ottawa university and all major attractions. Parking is available. I enjoyed my stay here more than previous visits to 4 star hotels!

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 November 2015

We stayed for three nights in October - the location is very central; quiet; close to excellent bus connections (Ottawa has the best bus network of any capital city I've ever visited); spotlessly clean; very comfortable beds; and beautifully furnished. The breakfasts are home cooked and great, too. This must be the best place to stay in Ottawa.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank Thomas W
Reviewed 5 November 2015

Daughter and I stayed at this lovely B&B for two nights first part of November. Beautiful home, very tastefully decorated and quiet. Even though we were near the University of Ottawa, area was quiet yet close to everything.
Host Vittorio was very friendly and knowledgeable about the area. Morning breakfasts were amazing - he is a wonderful cook - the breakfasts kept us going until early afternoon!
We loved our room. Bed was super comfy, ensuite and TV included. Even though the B&B was booked full, we never heard noise from other guests.
Highly recommended. Top choice for return visit.

Room Tip: The Gold Room has small kitchenette outside the bedroom door with fridge and microwave.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2015

Vittorio is really great. The breakfasts each day were wonderful, and the location is right near just about everything. This was a great choice. I would wholeheartedly recommend this place to just about anyone!

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple