“It was good”
Review of Rideau Heights Inn

Rideau Heights Inn
Ranked #30 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed 20 August 2013

I was on the business trip and spend 4 night there with my son. I found hotel very good and not expensive,but breakfast could be better. It is just around 7 minutes from airport and has a free parking. Personnel was very kind. there is was planes landing all the time and makes some noise, but it did not disturb us much.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dsulejmanov

Reviewed 5 July 2013

It was clean, comfortable, the people were nice, and it was in a lovely setting. We had two very relaxing days. The queen beds were comfortable and the room was large enough. The large tv was nice. This was a very good value.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank beckvf
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Honestly, I had my apprehensions since there was no other hotel available in Ottawa within my budget. But I was pleasantly surprised by the room, the location and the overall setting of the Inn. A very short drive from Ottawa, it was clean, spacious, toilets were super clean, TV was large enough and with a King Bed and a pull out sofa, still had enough space left for my 7 year old to get around. The bed was super comfortable, air conditioning kept the room just right and most importantly, passed the wife test with exceptional scores!
I must also mention that the staff were super as well!!
Will surely revisit!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank B_Alive
Reviewed 27 June 2013

Very enjoyable stay. Quaint motel and our room was exceptionally clean. Not a far drive to restaurants and also delivery of food is quick. Staff being family-oriented are extremely courteous and willing to help in any way. The grounds in the centre of the property with tall trees is a quiet place to sit out to read a book and enjoy a beautiful day if you wish. Would stay again as we prefer the atmosphere over a big chain motel.

Room Tip: The sections with no rooms above are the quietest although we found our room on the ground level in...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank cf-ottawa
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We had a pleasant stay. The premises were clean and the staff was courteous. It is not a fancy motel, but had everything that we needed. I would certainly stay here again. Very good value. The only thing I would have liked was an iron.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Northyork78
Reviewed 17 June 2013

there were cobwebs on the ceiling, found 2 ants in our room, I didnt have the 'please make up room' sign on door but they did(yes that bothered me).the room was pretty small for $108 a night.had to use the microwave in the lobby to make our dinner.closest bus stop was a 5-10min walk away so we ended up taking a cab every day instead of a bus.the parking spots were not numberd to the rooms so we had headlights in our window constantly from the ppl next to us parked infront of us.only things i enjoyed : the muffins they gave for breakfast were good.and the mattress was incredible

• Stayed: May 2013
Ainsley V, General Manager at Rideau Heights Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2013

Good Morning,
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to post a review. We take all review comments and use them to improve our Inn.
I spoke to our head housekeeper to pay special attention to any cobwebs that may have been missed. Seeing that your door opens to the outside we do get the occasional ant taking refuge, however, we do make every effort to eliminate this.
I am pleased to hear you did enjoy our new pillow top mattresses and our locally baked muffins. We value your opinion and we would love to see you again. Perhaps we can leave you with a more positive experience.

Reviewed 12 June 2013

Room was adequate for our needs. We asked to have two burned out light bulbs replaced when we arrived. Mattress was comfortable and the staff friendly and helpful. The Inn was located convieniently to the wedding we were attending. The grounds are nice with tall pine trees. The Inn is quiet with little road noise. Continental breakfast was ok, nothing exceptional.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Steinapple

Good Day,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review. All reviews are read and taken into consideration.

With our barely there summer, I am glad you got to enjoy our green areas and some good weather! I believe some of those tree are 100 years old!

We hope to see you again the next time you are passing through Ottawa.