“Very Nice B&B”

Downtown Bed and Breakfast & Spa
Ranked #22 of 53 Ottawa B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Whenever I visit Ottawa, I make a point of staying at the Downtown Bed and Breakfast. I usually stay for a couple of nights. I enjoy staying there. I've found the rooms are clean and comfortable. Hari and Siri are excellent hosts. I've found them to be friendly and helpful, while at the same time being respectful of the guests' privacy. The conversations over breakfast with other guests and Hari usually are interesting and amiable. The location in downtown Ottawa is very convenient for the things I do when I am in Ottawa.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 7 April 2014

I found this B and B by chance on the internet and I made an instant call and was captivated by the response from the other line. I have never been to Ottawa but needed to be there for business visit. It was 3 day long but I felt comfortable enough to write this review.

One major advantage is its centrality with a beautiful museum of nature right opposite! And if you happen to get there on a Thursday then it is free. I paid for entrance but was worth it. There are many restaurants closeby within walking distance. Hari and Siri has different information for guests that lodge in.

The warmth of the couple that manage it can not be overlooked. I had healthy breakfast with tea of my choice. You can request for extra if you want. Hari and Siri were always ready to help with anything as long as you mention it to them. They helped me a lot with logistics not that it is part of the deal but they are very accessible. The room was neat and quiet so i hardly felt the presence of other guests. I like quiet places.

I will recommend this B and B to anybody who wants to get the best out of their visit to Ottawa. I certainly felt at home. I have stayed in a couple of B and B in different countries in Europe and North America but this is the first time I felt a connection. Downtown B and B is certainly a place to stay.

Trudy M.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Trudy20142014
Reviewed 4 March 2014

We stayed for two nights just before Christmas and it was very enjoyable. The location is great as was the room, which was a good size and clean and tidy. The owners were both very nice and enjoyable to chat with. I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This is a great location for Winterlude within walking distance of the Rideau Canal and a great burger place called the Works. The rooms have little sound privacy. Overall it is a hostel-like environment, but very clean. The owners are very welcoming and friendly.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2014

The location is great, everything is within walking distance. This was great because we stayed there in February, and it was very cold outside. The host was very nice, provided info about places to visit nearby. The price included parking and breakfast which was nice too. Good impressions overall.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 February 2014

We stayed B&B and Spa on Halloween day, for 2days. I think I was lucky to find this house. The room is very clean,cozy and spacious. Great location from bus terminal and downtown. And,the Canadian Natural Museum is just in front of the house. They are very friendly as well. It is relaxing mood in the house as there are spa and yoga. I would love to go back to Downtown B&B and Spa next time!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 December 2013

This is a hostel. Do not expect a spa. Cluttered, dated, and feels unclean. Quite a walk downtown. Go elsewhere for breakfast. This would be a last resort option only. We were expecting two double beds and got lumpy pull out couch plus bed, with very little from to walk around either. The garden is overgrown and not conducive to sitting in.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family