“Clean, Friendly and affordable”
Review of Stardust Motel

Stardust Motel
Ranked #61 of 68 Hotels in Ottawa
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I booked this motel through Expedia and was not sure what kind of Motel this would be since it was the cheapest Motel on the site. When we arrived the Motel's Sign was not on, which made it a little difficult to find the Motel, I though "oh boy". We were greeted by a very nice pleasant lady and she was very friendly, helped us with all of our questions, she showed us the room before we paid just to ease our minds. The rooms were very nice, with hardwood flooring, microwave and fridge and very nice furniture. The room was clean and pleasant. I was very happy we booked this room and would recommend staying at this motel.

Room Tip: The Tim Hortons is just across from the motel Its 15 minutes to downtown Ottawa from the motel
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank MarryMe2013

Reviewed 3 October 2013

At first I thought for sure this motel was going to be a dump cause of the low cost! By my surprise the motel was very clean, very friendly and very helpful. For the cost this motel is worth the money. I will be stay at this motel every time I go to Ottawa to visit my family.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BusyMom9170
Reviewed 24 July 2013 via mobile

The only thing that bugged me about this place is the bath n shower.. Needs replacing, so do bathroom wall paint job and tiling... Bugs all over the door every night lol! But other than that it was ok cuz we had a place to stay that we were treated well in, it was clean, had hardwood floors for easy clean breathing air! Tim hortons across the street among other places! Friends live nearby so it's convenient and cheap

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank BlingBelle
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Our hotel was 80$ for 1 night (tax in). When we first got there were thought it was probably a dive, but it was actually better than we expected. The parking was free, there was free internet (which didn't always work on my tablet, but it was enough to send emails), a 24 inch flat screen tv, a fridge and microwave in the room. Everything in our room was very clean and the floors were quite nice (nicer than anything else really). It was 10-15minutes from downtown with a Tim Hortons accross the road.

The bathroom looked like it had been repainted recently and there were paint marks on the tiles all over where no painting tape had been used. The motel is quite close to the main road so occasionally there would be a loud vehicle that would drive by and be noticibly noisy, but this wasn't too much of a bother since we were so exhausted from our busy day of touring the city.

This motel is nothing fancy at all, but it was adequate for our family and worth paying the cheapest rate we could find in the city.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MelRoseC
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Had a short notice trip to Ottawa for a family member funeral and stayed at the Stardust Motel because of location. I must say it is very run down and outdated not really worth 80.00 a night but at least they did not charge extra for parking.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank frugalone03
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I'm a university student. I don't exactly have high standards, but when there's pubes in the toilet and the shower head is literally the end of a pipe sticking out of the wall (really!), I can't help but raise my eyebrows a bit. I really can't believe they wanted $80 for that room. It smelled funny, there were cigarette burns in all the textiles, there was no air conditioning or heater...I could go on. Save yourself some time and skip over this place. Drive up the street to Webb's Motel, its much nicer.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Lwilso
Reviewed 13 February 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Stardust Motel while visiting Ottawa for a wedding. The motel staff were very helpful. The rates were very affordable and within our price range. Our room was clean and the motel was very conveniently located allowing us access to many conveniencies. I would definitely recommend this motel if you are in the Ottawa area.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank travellingpants_9