“An exquisite anniversary dinner”
Review of Absinthe

Absinthe
Ranked #17 of 2,983 Restaurants in Ottawa
Price range: US$8 - US$31
Cuisines: International
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Absinthe is a Restaurant where you can eat too much, drink too much, put your elbows on the table and laugh out loud... all at the same time and nobody cares. Absinthe is a restaurant of the people for the people.
Reviewed 17 November 2017 via mobile

My husband and I celebrated our 32nd anniversary with dinner at Absinthe. The food was delicious, the service impeccable and, knowing it was a special occasion, they brought us both a complimentary kir royal and a complimentary appetizer. This was our first visit in a while but we'll be back soon!

1  Thank Debbie M

Reviewed 14 November 2017

We did the table d'hote with wine pairing and it was fabulous! Pricey yes, but most places in Ottawa are now, so it's really nice when the service is there to make you feel like you are really getting something special. Love this place.

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Food and service was very good, great windows to watch the world go by in the summer, but in the winter, bring a heavy sweater. atmosphere could be improved with some interesting barriers.

Reviewed 9 November 2017 via mobile

My wife have gone here several times either for the lunch and dinner. Never disappoints.

Great food. Appetizers are huge so beware. My wife and I shared tomato tarte-the size of a pizza! Entree are delicious-my wife had steak frites, I had their big hamburger. We both got Doogie bags.

Service kinda weird. Waitresses reminded me of Moonies-distracted, uninterested, just not there. That said, all went well.

Reviewed 8 November 2017 via mobile

We had a very pleasant lunch at Absinthe. We both had the daily soup (butternut squash) and salade nicoise. The soup was very tasty and perfect on a cool fall day. The salad was nicely prepared with interesting ingredients. Their menu and drink list are extensive- something for all tastes. The prices are very reasonable able. Our server was friendly and very professional. A solid choice in Wellington West.