“Over priced and cold food”
Review of Tony Capones

Tony Capones
Ranked #706 of 2,870 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 5 November 2013

On our way to Cineplex this evening we stopped in at Capone's for dinner. It was our first time and my last time. Our meal with two glasses of wine came to $60.00 and I could have eaten better at Harvey's. My partner does not like to complain about her food, however, I could not believe that someone would serve me a warm plate with cold food. My food was returned to the kitchen and warmed up and served to me again. There was nothing about the food that was exceptional, I could have done better in my own kitchen. I was not impressed and will never return to Capone's.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

We hadn't been to Capone's in a very long time so we thought we would try it again when friends suggested going there. It was a great reminder why we said we would never go back the last time 'round. We were 3 couples. The server was all over the men at our table but pretty much ignored the women. She took drink orders from the men and walked away without asking all of the women whether or not they would like a cocktail or glass of wine. When we finally got her back to the table, she tried to guess what we would want rather than ask. She stayed by the men even while taking orders and didn't give the women a second look.

I had the special of the day which was catfish. At most, there was 2 oz. of fish on the plate. The broccoli must have been boiled in something that fish was near because it smelled and tasted fishy. One of the men had amaretto chicken. He said it must have been frozen as it was stringy and watery. The corn had been sitting in water as well and was tasteless. One of the others had a pizza which he said was mediocre and thought the crust had been a frozen crust to start off with.

We will never go back.

3  Thank abetter1
Reviewed 22 September 2013

This is the second visit to this restaurant and again the food was wonderful, and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We felt like home at the restaurant and the Italian food was so tasty, I will be coming back the next time I am in Ottawa.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

I loved the food and atmosphere.. real Italian pasta fresh. Everything was absolutely delicious there. Great place for a family dinner or a celebration.

1  Thank Sophia P
Reviewed 12 August 2013

This used to be one of my favourite Italian restaurants but I was not impressed this time or the last time I was there. It just seems that they are resting on their laurels from when it was good and popular. The menu and décor is outdated and to be honest, the meal was below average. I had the veal with cheese and spinach and it was dry. One of my companions had the eggplant and could not finish it because it was bad. Our out of town guest was not impressed by how dark and dingy it was inside.

For the price - it is not cheap - I will be choosing somewhere else in the future.

Been to Tony Capones? Share your experiences!