“So tasty but expensive”

Price range: US$8 - US$23
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Coconut Lagoon is an Oasis for rich South Indian food, We specialize in a wide variety of Vegetarian and vegan dishes to offer at the Coconut Lagoon. We specialize in hand made Parathas, Idli, Dosa, currries and lot of Exotic seafood dishes. We have a wide variety of Biryani, Thali and our home made desserts are unique. While you are at Coconut Lagoon don't forget to taste our Madras Coffee and Indian Chai. So Prepare yourselves for a most memorable journey through South Indian cuisine and feast on high quality food of inimitable flavour, aroma and originality in the vibrant setting of Coconut Lagoon. Here at the Coconut Lagoon we believe that exceed expectations leave with an impression. Looking forward to serving you at the Coconut Lagoon Restaurant.
Reviewed 15 December 2017

It was a last minute decision to go there after school so we were dragging our school and work bags but they gave a nice quiet spot in the back out of the way. Everyone was so nice. The kids and I had fun tasting new things. It was our first time at a curry place although we have curry in the slow cooker from jars at the grocery store - know what I mean? - and the kids love that but the flavours here were awesome. The kids took the leftovers for lunch at school the next day and ate it cold. They want to go back. I told them this was not a place we could go all the time. For the price it is more of a birthday/special occasion place. We also tried the ginger soy scallops - I totally recommend! My son loved the lamb chop hors d'oeuvres. We also had the chicken curry where a teen gets a free meal and the butter chicken. We will be back - maybe for my birthday.

1  Thank sxh230

Reviewed 13 December 2017 via mobile

Just had the most amazing meal, the place was packed but comfortable, we had some sampler platters with an amazing array of tastes. Highly recommended!

2  Thank NS422
Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Thank you Trip Advisor. I would not have found this gem of a restaurant without you! As soon as you walk in, you smell the wonderful spices. The staff are wonderful and helpful. The food is exquisite! I had the shrimp appetizer. It was spicy as requested and so flavourful. Then came the delicious butter chicken, the fabulous paneer in a spinach sauce, the light and fluffy basmati rice and the wow! piratha bread. Fabulous! And the dessert was yummy! They have a nice selection of wine by the glass. I’m coming here the next time I’m in Ottawa!! Do yourself a favor and try this restaurant. You won’t regret it!

1  Thank Mishka01
Reviewed 23 November 2017

We had a great weekday lunch buffet. The place was busy but very rarely was there a wait at the buffet. I tried a bit of everything, chicken, lamb, fish and veggie dishes and it was all good. The place was clean and modern.
The workday crowd was thinning by 1245 and we could have walked right in then.
I will return.

2  Thank P C
Reviewed 17 November 2017

Four of us were here for lunch recently and enjoyed a great buffet. It was very tasty and includes a variety of dishes as 2 kinds of chicken, lamb, salmon, vegetables and even dessert. If you are not familiar with indian cuisine, it is a good way to taste different plates. It is a very popular restaurant. Therefore we had our reservation for 11:30 a.m. It was empty at that time but when we left people were waiting at the door for a table.

2  Thank DidiD26