“Delish” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Allegro Ristorante

Allegro Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Allegro Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,112 of 2,709 Restaurants in Ottawa
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: AS of May 1, 2014 - we are under new ownership! Whether your in the mood for traditional Italian or new age inspired dishes let the flavours of Italy explode your taste buds! Feel like pasta? Our homemade Gnocchi is sure to make your mouth water with fresh pasta in a rose sauce. In the mood for seafood? Why not try our scallop martini, fresh scallops marinated in a vodka lime juice and grilled to perfection served over a bed of red peppers in a martini glass. Whatever you're in the mood for Allegro is sure to have it. New Owners, New Look, New Menu, New Taste!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend walked into Allegros this passed Sunday seeing as nothing else in Little Italy. I had the pork and my girlfriend had the Veal marsala both were tender and full of flavour. The friendly service was a nice side!

1 Thank foodiedude1

Ottawa
“Great food and it felt like home”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

My Group dropped in for a Business lunch. It was a simple, home like environment. The Staff was very attentive and the food came quickly. The restaurant filled up for the lunch crowd and we still felt like the only people there. The Calamari appetizer was great with a full sized portion to share. I had Pasta and it was cooked to perfection. A great surprise for a quick lunch.

Ottawa, Canada
“A fine experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

We found very friendly staff at this pleasing Italian restaurant in Little Italy. A nice quiet venue with a soft décor. The menu, while small, had a complete selection of traditional Italian dishes.
The zucchini frit was excellent. My Caesar Salad was fresh and delicious. My friend had the Minestrone which was plentiful and hot. We ordered the veal saltimbocca and Osso bucco both of which were very tender and delicious. The Crème Brule was particularly good.

Ottawa, Canada
“Depressing meal; poor slow, glacial service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

My family and I dropped in last night for what turned out to be a disappointing and depressing dinner. Allegro is a small restaurant with about 10 tables and when we arrived about two-thirds of them were full. The chairs were uncomfortable and that set the tone for a bad night. There was one harrassed woman server on duty (she said it was her first shift) and like the rest of the guests we waited and waited and waited. It took 75 minutes for our food to arrive: my lasagne was all right but my wife's shrimp and pasta dish had been badly overcooked and lacked olive oil. Pasta and shrimp is a very simple dish, yet they got it wrong. We ordered a second glass of wine each but they never arrived. In the corner we could hear one old man tell the server in a very loud voice that "I've been coming here forever. This isn't good enough. Tell the manager he needs to up his game or clients are going to stay away." For a moment I thought we were on the set of Fawlty Towers. Then my daughter said that when the kitchen door opened she could see a man in a suit (with an apron over the top) cooking food: definitely Fawlty Towers. If they were having staffing problems they could have warned us ahead of time. Overall, a very poor meal.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Faience44
Ottawa
“Just ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

The restaurant was quite busy with only one server
My gazpacho was ok and my partners Cobb salad ok
The veal tortellini was tough and chewy. We sent it back
My trout was overlooked and the risotto lacked flavour
After some salt , pepper and Parmesan I ate the risotto
I think they are trying very hard but need more Attention to basics as mentioned above
The bread was delicious and served in a unique way.

1 Thank Pat K