“A MUST TRY”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Allegro Ristorante

Allegro Ristorante
Reserve with OpenTable
Allegro Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,099 of 2,726 Restaurants in Ottawa
Price range: US$8 - US$29
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Description: AS of May 1, 2014 - we are under new ownership! Whether your in the mood for traditional Italian or new age inspired dishes let the flavours of Italy explode your taste buds! Feel like pasta? Our homemade Gnocchi is sure to make your mouth water with fresh pasta in a rose sauce. In the mood for seafood? Why not try our scallop martini, fresh scallops marinated in a vodka lime juice and grilled to perfection served over a bed of red peppers in a martini glass. Whatever you're in the mood for Allegro is sure to have it. New Owners, New Look, New Menu, New Taste!
Ottawa
“A MUST TRY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

We were raving Italian food one night, and passed this restaurant. We were greeted with smiles and the waiter was a joy to have. We ordered the Sirloin which my husband says is one of the best he has had and I got the Lobster ravioli which was to DIE for. I have been craving it ever since and cant wait to go back. The look of the restaurant had such a great ambiance!

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Mijos

Ottawa, Canada
“MUST TRY IT! Delicious food and now under new ownership.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014

Allegro reopened under new ownership and management early this month. Having seen all the hype on Facebook I couldn't wait to check it out. Turns out the place not only looks great, but the service was great! You can't go wrong with the traditional Italian menu.
If anything there is just too many delicious dishes to pick from.
And if Marcello is serving you, it is a guaranteed great evening.
I highly recommend everyone give it a try!

• Visited May 2014
6 Thank M T
Ottawa, Canada
“Great wine list and delicious food ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

Over the holidays some friends and met on preston st for a drink . Ending up here at Allegro. Our night was amazing . It started with there great wine selection and service and finished with a great meal . I had the chefs veal osso bucco its a must try for sure. All in all a great night we will be back for sure. Thank you.

1 Thank brassmonkey45
Pembroke, Canada
“It is Not Luna in New York City but Just as Tastey.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

For years we would find our way to Canal and Mulberry in New York City to enjoy wonderful Italian diners at Lunas. Unfortunately Lunas is gone, however I have searched for Linguini with Clam Sauce that comes close to Luna's. I think that Allegros is so close it might be better. At $18.00 it is a wonderful reasonable priced experience. My wife ordered Lasanga at $17.00. It was a very generous portion. I thought she would not be able to finish the food but she kept saying "this is delicious." None was taken home. I tried some and I agree, I have never tasted anything better. We started the meal by splitting a Cesar Salad at $8.00. It was wonderful also. Our attentive server gave us two small bread rolls covered with Olive Oil. There was something about the bread that kept my wife saying "there is something in this bread that is delicious." We were attracted to the restaurant by a Dealfinder coupon, but we certainly will be back and pay the full price. Next time I will try the white wine sauce but the red wine sauce is wonderful.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Roundlake60
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Anniversary Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013

What a great meal!!! Perfect Pasta...perfect service. Knowledgeable star to help pick a great anniversary dinner. Thank you for a memorable event!!!!

• Visited September 2013