“Great service and food”

Ranked #64 of 2,725 Restaurants in Ottawa
Price range: US$7 - US$19
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub, Canadian
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Drinks, After-hours, Brunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Neighbourhood: Byward Market Area
Description: Get the proper pub experience. We balance Irish-inspired dishes and North American classics. We’ve perfected the pub staple, Fish & Chips, and make our pies and pastry in-Pub. Try our fresh burgers like the legendary Guinness® Burger, with your pint of Guinness® of course!
Langley City, Canada
“Great service and food”
Reviewed 27 March 2014

LOVED sitting on the patio while having lunch here. I have to thank the server for introducing me to Somersby Apple cider. YUM. I had the fish and chips here and they were amazing.

Visited August 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Comox, Canada
“Airport location”
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

Caveat: this review is about the airport location of this restaurant so may not apply to all if them. Had a frozen chicken pie which came out of a package; watery Caesar which had almost no vodka (I was sitting at the bar and watched the pour) and polite but totally disinterested service. Total bill was $24.28 for pie and drink. I won't be back.

1 Thank Ben-Josee
Perth, Canada
“Not impressed by the little kiddies party going on”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My Hubby and I have started coming to D'Arcy McGees restaurants over the past two years because of the adult atmosphere, great food(always great), and the variety of beers on tap. Service is always great; did I mention ADULT atmosphere. That means I have never seen high chairs, or booster seats or a kiddy menu. We usually eat there once a month,it being our new favourite restaurant and we drive an hour to get there. We have even recommended Darcy's to friends and family as THE adult place to go for an excellent meal/and or beer.

On Sat. March 22, we stopped for a meal and a beer at the Terry Fox Drive location after a long flight from Cuba. We were shocked to see a little kiddies party complete with balloons going on by the big screen tv.My husband would have liked to watch the Sens game, but we chose to go to the other side where it was abit quieter.but later there were two little boys chasing each other on
that side as well. Very dangerous because of hot food being given carried by servers.

The servers explained that they were completely surprised by this group. It was supposedly a reservation for a group gathering, but when they started arriving with balloons and kiddies in tow, it was too late to cancel their reservation. I understand the staff was not informed as to the nature of the kiddie gathering. In future this group should go to a more family style restaurant, or they could get takeout from D'Arcy McGees. The nearby East side Marios had free kids meals that day!

Also, there were about four tables with young children at them. This place has a more adult atmosphere, itis not a Kelseys or east side Marios. I would never bring my young children there, to a pub/ drinking establishment.

Is this the way of the future Darcy's?
It isvery hard to find a nice adult restaurant in Ottawa, where people don't drag their noisy undisiplined children to. Is this too much to expect ?

2 Thank L T
Ottawa, Canada
“Best damn grilled chicken sandwich..Bring napkins!”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Last night was the second time my boyfriend and I made a stop for some drinks and our new favourite chicken sandwich. We thought that perhaps it was the alcohol on the first go-around that rendered the sandwich outstanding.
Boyfriend has his usual Kilkenny, and I a magnificent Caesar, and we both order this sandwich.

However, our tastebuds experienced the same melt-in-your-mouth, savoury, dare I say "euphoric" feeling felt the first bite. Words really can't describe.

Also! Don't plan on having a conversation whilst eating this! Our conversation went as follows "mmmmmmmmmmmmmmgoodmmmmmmm so gooood" and so on until it was gone.

Can't say anything about the rest of the food, because we have never ventured outside of this treat.

If anything, stop by here for a beer and the sandwich…and perhaps you will know what I'm talking about.

St. John's, Canada
“Come for the atmosphere, music and beer not the food”
Reviewed 1 March 2014

When in Ottawa I often frequent this D'Arcy's. Sometimes we eat here but most often not. It is standard pub food. I did eat here on this visit and the food was mediocre but the service was good. I had the 8 oz burger and it was huge. My friend had the Lamb Pot Pie and was pleased. If you like to try different beers on tap, there is a huge selection. The bar tenders are excellent and will make recommendations based on your tastes. There is often live music particularly on weekends. The bar has a friendly, cosy atmosphere. It is a great place to go with a group of friends.