“Great service and good food”

Johnny Farina Restaurant
Ranked #119 of 3,001 Restaurants in Ottawa
Price range: US$1 - US$21
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 19 October 2017

we were a big group - about 12 of us - so we were looking for a restaurant that could accommodate all of us. Johnny Farina had large seating areas on top and the service provided was very good. Some restaurants are not able to handle large groups, but this restaurant handled the group with great service and delivered the food very quickly.

Complimentary bread and oil was provided. The food itself was served in large portions and had good flavors -I had ordered the manicotti stuffed with cheese which was very good.

Overall, a good restaurant especially for large groups

Reviewed 29 September 2017

While visiting Ottawa with co-workers on business we ate at Johnny Farina. I am glad we did.

We arrived without a reservation and waited only 5 min. to be seated. The restaurant was very busy on a very warm, Tuesday night. Our server was very pleasant and friendly. He extended very professional and prompt service throughout the night.

Coronas for $6.75 were great. The food was tasty and homemade. The lasagna was excellent, hot and filling.

Great atmosphere here!

Don't forget to try the Cannolis. 2 for $8 bucks. Great to share with your friends.

Highly recommend.

Enjoy!!

Reviewed 18 September 2017

I ate at Johnny Farina recently for a family function. This is probably my 5th visit to this restaurant over the years and I have never been satisfied with the establishment. The food is bland and unoriginal, the service is average.

I can say that the price is reasonable but it it's not worth the value to me. There are many much better Italian-style restaurants in Ottawa with quality food and reasonable prices.

3  Thank Terri O
Reviewed 18 September 2017

This is the second time we've been to this restaurant and both time have been great. My favourite pasta dish is their Linguini Pescatore in a white wine sauce with scallops, mussels, shrimp and clams. The service was friendly and fast. The restaurant looked warm and inviting. The TVs had closed captioning - why don't all restaurants do this?

1  Thank questoria
Reviewed 17 September 2017 via mobile

Perhaps not Ottawa's absolute best Italian restaurant but definitely one of my favourites. High marks all around- food, service and an upscale decor. I recently organized a special night out for my spouse and a free dessert was sent over. Thank you.