“Very happy”

Lorenzo's Pizzeria
Ranked #1,531 of 2,840 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Reviewed 21 March 2013

I was at Lorenzo's on Arch last night with my wife. I ordered a small pizza and my wife ordered a fish and chips,like always the food was great,the service was excellent. I'm a regular customer there for about 7 years now. I don't know the previous owner well,but I didn't see much of a change in the pizza except it was well made and the cheese tasted great,like it should be made. I was there on march 2 and it was a very busy that night,we had to wait longer than usual, but we got our food and it was perfect for the group of ten. People were waiting,but things happens, sure there was an explanation,big deal,do not be scared to try it out. They do have great food, where do you find restaurants that make 90 percent of their food from scratch and fresh. Lorenzo's I will see you soon again,hope I can meet the new owner and say hi.

1  Thank John L

Reviewed 2 March 2013 via mobile

March 2 2013, after eating at Lorenzo's for nearly 15 years, I was so disappointed tonight after waiting nearly 150 minutes (2.5 hours) for our take out pizza order in the waiting area. Apparently new ownership is to blame, however, the kitchen staff and the wait staff did nothing to advise patrons that their 20minute waits would turn into 2+ hour waits for take out orders. So many people got fed up and ended up cancelling their orders while the rest of us stood patiently awaiting our pizzas that we had all grown accustomed to enjoying over the past few decades. I'm sorry to say but after 15 loyal years of enjoying their tasty neighbourhood meals I will never go back there again after they treated so many of us so poorly this evening. I've never experienced such disrespect for so many loyal restaurant patrons before. Sam (founder and up until recently the owner) will be disappointed to hear how his restaurant has fallen apart so quickly.

2  Thank Happyeating2020
Reviewed 1 October 2012

I think this is the original location (there are other places by the same name in the city), and it's a neighbourhood gem. It doesn't look like all that much from the outside, but step inside and you'll find a cozy and friendly atmosphere where it's often quite busy but you'll never feel ignored.

The menu is quite varied, but I've never strayed from the pizza so I can't comment on what else might be good. The pizza has a great crust (not deep dish, but not paper thin either), amazing sauce, loads of toppings and generous helping of cheese on top. Ask for it to be 'well done' and it will be nicely browned when it arrives. I've a healthy appetite and have never been able to eat more than three slices, but taken home and re-heated it's very good the next day as well.

The staff have always been friendly, and if it's not frantically busy will stop and chat for a few moments if they recognize you from a previous visit. There are lots of large TVs that have a variety of sports and games being shown so if you want to go in for wings and a pint while watching your team, you'll probably find the game on when you get there.

If you prefer take out, you can order online and then go and pick it up.

Reviewed 31 August 2012

I went in and the bartender said that the don't accept health cards as a price of ID, I'm sorry but that's ridiculous I've been of age for 6 years now and thats not all, on top of that, she proceeded to stand and stare at me to make sure I didn't even take a sip of my boyfriends beer (that I was paying for) and tell the men at the bar LOUDLY so I could hear her about all the times she had to kick people out of the bar and that's she's not afraid to be a b**** and blah blah blah, in sorry but ive worked in restaurants my whole life pretty much and if your going to inconvienece a customer in Any way, you apologize and be extra nice, not rude and annoying. Also, the food wasnt great and I will never be returning. If I owned that bar she would definitely not be employed there and health cards would be accepted, they missed out on what I'm sure would of been over an $100 tab

Reviewed 3 August 2012

I enjoyed my last trip to Lorenzo's. It has a nice neighborhood bar / Italian restaurant feel. The service was excellent and the food was good. I will definitely return for pizza or pasta.