“Nice samosas, average otherwise”
Review of Shafali Restaurant

Shafali Restaurant
Ranked #130 of 2,737 Restaurants in Ottawa
Price range: US$0 - US$17
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Child-friendly
Neighbourhood: Byward Market Area
Dunnellon, Florida
“Nice samosas, average otherwise”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

There aren't any Indian restaurants where I live, so I was looking for one when I visited Ottawa. The atmosphere is nothing special, but also not awful. In my excitement at finally getting to an Indian restaurant, I ordered too much food. It wasn't great enough to take the leftovers back to my hotel. I ordered the butter chicken, which so many others on Trip Advisory recommended, but I probably should have ordered the chicken dishes I usually order. The samosas came with a bit of green salad, which was a delightful surprise. I don't know about Indian restaurants in Canada, but I've never gotten a salad garnish at Indian restaurants in the States. If I were to visit Ottawa again, I'd try a different Indian restaurant though.

• Visited November 2013

UK
“Avoid”
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Terrible take away on valentines day. Food took 1:30 to arrive even though we were only 3 blocks away, delivery was $7! Food was cold and runny. No taste to it whatso ever and very chewy meat.
Definitely won't order from them again!

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Punjab in Ottawa”
Reviewed 17 January 2014

The curry I had was hot and spicy - ideal on a cold evening. Service could have been quicker, but, the cool beer and garlic nan rounded my dinner off!

Visited November 2013
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“India in Canada”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This eating place is in the Byward Market area of the city, a nice friendly atmosphere with a reasonably varied menu at a fair price.
I had the beef curry at the spice level of my choice, it took a little time to come but was very tasty and well presented.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank davylad49
Halifax, Canada
“Weak management poor test”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I do not recommending this restaurant kebabs. What I ate could not name as "Kebab" May be some other name could. Meat, mixture and cooking way were not proper. Nan was good. Soup and rice were heat up in microwave but over.

• Visited October 2013