“The best Vietnamese food in Ottawa”

Vietnam Palace Restaurant
Ranked #318 of 2,826 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Viet Nam stretches over a thousand miles from south to north along the south eastern coast of Asia. Its wide climate range and great variety of edibles have made possible the development of a unique array of recipes which have been refined, over the years, into a distinctive classic cuisine. At Vietnam Palace and Palais Du Vietnam you will have a chance to discover it all.
Reviewed 27 December 2012 via mobile

We have been going to this restaurant for over ten years. We moved to Toronto and when we visit Ottawa we always make an effort to go. The spring rolls, curry chicken and calamari are amazing. The owners an servers are nice and the prices are wry reasonable.

Reviewed 24 October 2012

The food here always tastes great. The value is good. Some of the soups and salad portions are generous even though I feel sometimes that I would like a little more won tons in my won ton soup. The chicken wings are a little on the smallish side.

The service is quick. This place is great in terms of value for money. You can get in and out quickly.

The menu is varied enough and the ingredients are fresh. The dessert menu is a little limited, but the green tea ice cream is great.

While in Ottawa, we use the Vietnam Palace as our go-to place before going out to see an indie movie at the Bytown.

Reviewed 13 August 2012

We went as a group of six mid week. The restaurant was busy, but not full. They seemed to be little understaffed. We waited 20 minutes to get any attention and then another 20 for our drinks to arrive. The food was also slow and one of our dishes was missing (but quickly replaced). We ordered a variety of dishes and appetizers and they were all really very good. The atmosphere was friendly. Not expensive. I'd go back and give it another try on the basis of the food. Maybe they were just understaffed on the night we were there.

2  Thank plightfo
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Vietnam Palace is a family favourite and my large extended family has been going there for years now. The owners are very friendly and the staff are attentive and kind. The food is the best I have tasted in a number of Vietnamese restaurants in several Canadian cities. The weekday lunch specials are very popular. For roughly $10 you can choose between a number of main dishes done up with a variety of seasonings. Each main dish comes with a soup and a spring roll. My personal lunch favorites are the Pork with Black Bean (comes with salad and rice) and the Chicken with hot chili peppers and ginger (comes with salad and rice) but there is plenty to choose from. The regular menu is also quite extensive and offers Buhn (delicious!) Mequong soup (lovely curried soup with thick noodles, shrimp, peanut and sprouts) which is quite filling for a "soup". The spring roll appetizers are amazing as is the "Crispy Quail".

Vietnam Palace is the place to go when you're craving Vietnamese in Ottawa!

Reviewed 24 February 2012

I used to live in Ottawa and frequent this restaurant. I moved away about 12 years and don't get back there very often. But when I do... YUMMY! The springrolls are so yummy... when they bring them to the table you also get rice paper, lettuce and a dish of pickled carrot, mint leaves, bean sprouts. Wrap it all together and did it in the Fish Sauce. Another favorite is the Beef wrap and roll. Basically a Vietnamese version of Fajitas... Again very yummy. I recommend going there and sharing dishes with a friend. It makes great conversation!