“ok.. overpriced...”

Ranked #120 of 2,882 Restaurants in Ottawa
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Atmosphere: I'll never understand the high reviews for this type of place... Only in Ottawa! You don't get any privacy and it's loud. It's just a giant, dark cavern in a strip mall with a jumbo wine rack with many tables packed in tightly to maximize profit. You see, hear and smell all the people and the guys cooking. This place is similar to Isaac's in Stittsville. I'd like more privacy if I am paying $30-$50 for supper... why not have booths in a place like this?

Food: As for the food, everybody liked it. I think my dish was so-so.. I really don't taste much difference between fettucini Bolognese and Chef Boy R Dee! I was hoping they'd have lasagne but they didn't!

Service: It took over an hour to get our food. For the first 45 minutes, no buns.. just water... Our waiter didn't know the Italian pronunciation of the foods. Water refills were prompt.

Over all.. you might as well go to Olive Garden or East Side Mario and save your money...

PS the washroom smelled like urine. It was gross.

1  Thank spykitten

Reviewed 13 April 2012

My family arranged a birthday party for me for two reasons. One being that my nephew is a cook there, and the other was the capacity for seating a crowd, including children, together for such an occasion. The food selection, price, wine and beer menu, and friendly staff were all worth 5 stars. My nephew made quite a show of throwing the pizza, much to my Great-grandson's delight - and watching him put it in the open fire oven was also another 'hit' with not only him, but a lot of the rest of us. We weren't rushed, I was allowed to open all my gifts, and I really enjoyed the surroundings, especially the Wine Wall. Will have to return for Mother's Day this year, if I play my cards right.

Reviewed 28 February 2012

Excellent food and good service. Slightly noisy because of its good reputation.

Reviewed 19 January 2012

Excellent food and great atmosphere in an unusual location. This restaurant is far better than its surroundings (a strip mall on Riverside) would suggest.

Reviewed 12 January 2012

Really enjoyed our dinner at the restaurant. Our server was pleasant, knowledgeable and didn't rush us into ordering or into the next course. We had drinks, appetizers and entrees and all were excellent.

Layout is quite open, you can see anyone else who's there but it wasn't a problem for conversation. If you need privacy, try the downtown location.

FYI, the Anitpasto Della Casa was delicious but quite filling for 2; either have more people dig in or prepare for take-home from your entrees.