“Nice Place, Average Food” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Vittoria Trattoria

Vittoria Trattoria
Ranked #113 of 2,710 Restaurants in Ottawa
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Ottawa, Canada
“Nice Place, Average Food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

My daughter and her husband took my wife and I to Vittoria Trattoria for a night out. The restaurant is nicely decorated with some nice unobtrusive jazz playing in the background. The greeters at the door could use a little lesson on making customers feel welcome and appreciated. The service was good but a little more training might be an idea. The food was average and a little over spiced and over sauced for our liking but portions were a good size and the meal was enjoyable if not outstanding. At the end of the evening my daughter and her husband stated that they would not be back as there are many Italian restaurants in Ottawa to explore. My wife and I would consider returning however for a dinner coming in at $200.00 plus for four perhaps we should expect a better evening.

• Visited August 2014

San Antonio, Texas
“Good Food at Affordable Price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

We arrived at this restaurant by voice of mouth from our hotel concierge. The first time was for dinner accompanied by my wife and youngest son. The food is excellent and very tasteful. I had the fettuccini Alfredo and it was very good. We returned the next day for lunch to try their pazza, which was also excellent, Service was a little slow for dinner, as we had to wait over 30 minutes, but we enjoyed the athmospher of the restaurant

• Visited July 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“Terrific Italian in the Ottawa's south end”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

Have been several times for special occasions over the years and have never been disappointed. The modern decor, the open-kitchen concept and the glass-enclosed wine room lend it a sophisticated atmosphere. The food is fresh and flavourful. On a recent visit, our group had penne with pancetta, pasta primavera, linguine bolognese and whole-wheat pasta with sausage and goat cheese--all delicious. There is an extensive wine list, with good offerings by the glass. Will definitely return.

Visited June 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“Real good food & good experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Went to this Italian restaurant for supper and really enjoyed my evening. The entrée, the caesar salad and the fettuccine Alfredo was very good. It had taste. The dessert and the specialty coffee was very good as well. The price was very decent. We had a very enjoyable evening and I will certainly recommend this restaurant to my friends and family. Our server was very professional and very nice.

• Visited June 2014
“Good italian restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

We visited the Riverside location on Saturday May 31. I like to open concept with the view on the kitchen and wine cellar. We ordered the Antipasto Della Casa plate, minestrone soup and bruschetta as appetiser. They were all very good and big portions. As for entree 2 of us had Fetteccine Pescatore wich were ok noting else. 2 others had the Vitello Picata and 1 the Vitello Marsala both were very good. As for desert one ordered the Crème Brûtée and it was too hot. Normally the middle temperature should be cold and and top well burned. I had an Americano and it was excellent.

We ordered a few bottles of 2011 Valpolicella Classico, Ripasso Superior, Tomassi and they were excellent.

The service was excellent, the waitress knew her drinks menu very well and proposed us a fun drink. I would return to this location anytime.