“Awesome Camping”
Review of Camp Hither Hills

Camp Hither Hills
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ottawa
Camp Hither Hills
Ranked #15 of 22 Speciality Lodging in Ottawa
Belleville, Canada
“Awesome Camping”
Reviewed 11 September 2013

I take this time to right our review on this campsite. We spend a full week, my husband and myself. It was very clean, quiet. All pets were on leashes and their masters picked up after them. The play ground and pool were well maintained. Our site was nice and big. The owners of this campsite were very kind and took their time to make sure we were settled and everything was to our satisfaction. Being close to Ottawa was a bonus. I would recommend this campground to anyone and look forward to spending another holiday there.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Sherry A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Belleville
Reviewed 6 September 2013

We were quite pleased with the site we had the wash rooms were clean and new .The camp site was quite pleasant to be in close to Ottawa as we were there to see the capital so were quite happy with the site.The people that greeted us was very pleasant as I said would gladly camp here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Barbara A
Reviewed 17 July 2013

My husband and I stayed for 2 weeks and the site is nothing fancy so if you are looking for easy camping this is not the place. But the site itself is quite nice, the camping lots/ trailer lots are not private but the grounds have trees surrounding the camp ground so it is a nice area. Site is dog friendly which was great and the staff was very very friendly and accommodating. It is about 30 min to downtown but with the price to stay it was worth it for us. We had a small tent and a small pop up trailer. So we did not have our own washrooms or showers so we used the camp's facilities and I would say they were average to what I have seen and used at other camp grounds. (Bring shower shoes and you'll be fine...)

Good things to know ahead of time:
You need to pay in cash
The showers are clean but nothing fancy - like any public showers, and it costs $1 to shower so bring loonies :)

They have gotten a lot of negative ratings because its not what people expect. It's very simple and plain but the owners are kind and if you're looking for simple and a good price this place is not bad at all.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Agdg7079
Ontario
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Hither hills is not exactly a great camp ground experience. There is virtually nothing to do and the one thing they offer, the pool, gets rented out to what appears to be a day care from 1PM until 2PM. It is still a good 30 minutes to downtown Ottawa because of traffic.
The washrooms are clean but around the unfinished building are mounds of dirt. We will not return to Hither Hills. We are certainly easy going when it comes to camping but this was actually the worst campground we have been to.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank FlyingDutchman_9

Travellers are raving about these Ottawa hotels

Goderich, Canada
Reviewed 30 July 2011

My wife and I have 8 children, ranging from teens to tots and this is our second time here. We had a great time both last year and this year again. When my wife was looking online to find this campground again, we were shocked to see all the negative reviews. We decided to ignore the negative reviews and sure enough we had another great time staying there. The pool is well kept and clean. The owners enforce quiet time at 11:00pm which is great for families. I am convinced that some of the negative reviews were from disgruntled partiers who were told to keep the noise down. I would happily recommend this place. While not a five star resort, they have wifi, and all the basic ammenities that you need. They have a new playstructure for the kids also. The price is reasonable too. If you have any questions call us . -- Henry & Kara & family

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
12 Thank onebigfamilyoften
Billerica, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 July 2011

Believe Woodals and Trailerlife ratings, not the reports of disgruntled, maybe demanding campers or people expecting plush accomodations. The campground has a rustic natural setting in a treed area - it is not all neatly lined up with manicured landscaping. It does not have alot of amenities, but is convenient to Ottawa for touring or visiting relatives.There was plenty of room for our 37 ft rig and tow car with full hookup, 50 amps. We did not check or use the bathrooms and showers (used our own). The owners/staff we dealt with were very friendly and accomodating, even refunding a nights cost when we decided to leave early when our agenda in Ottawa was completed. It is an average, not plush, campground and we would use it again if in the area.

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
10 Thank rondot_11
Vineland, Canada
Reviewed 14 June 2011

My wife and I pulled up with our 3 children planning to stay for the July 1st holiday near Ottawa. They accepted cash only, I had none so they offered to let me drop my trailer and go to get cash. I drove into the park to the assigned site... made a quick stop at the "bathrooms" (disgusting and they were just finishing "cleaning" them) drove up to the site to drop the trailer and my wife looked at me and said "We are not staying here" so we turned around and left to look for a campground that had space on a canadian holiday and we ended up at Sleepy Cedars... a beautiful campground 10 minutes from Hither Hills

Room Tip: would not recommend