“Best Tai food in Ottawa”
Review of Sukhothai

Sukhothai
Ranked #206 of 2,900 Restaurants in Ottawa
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We enjoyed another great evening at our favoured Ottawa Thai restaurant; my favoured is # 37 (red curry, pineapple, shrimp and basil); we were four and all our meals exceeded our already high expectations.
It is very nice to see an established (and successful) restaurant to keep up the quality in both, food and service.

1  Thank Otto H

Reviewed 3 July 2014

We always love our dinners at Sukhothai. We have our favourites of course - Tom Kha Gai soup, Pa Nang or Gang Garee Gai with sticky rice and that's more than plenty for two people.

We tried many other dishes and liked them also but the ones mentioned are our favourites.

1  Thank Sweethome71
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Coiuld not decide which appetizer we wanted so we ordered three. The chicken satay, the fish cakes and the vegetable spring rolls were chosen. What a delight they were and all were served with sauces that were spicy and not so spicy. And of course we had pad Thai. This dinner for two was just the right portion because we had dessert at home. The service staff were polite and very efficient. I would recommend this restaurant to all who love Thai food.

Reviewed 12 April 2014

Was in Ottawa for business last week and had to return to Sukhothai for lunch (actually, went twice in 3 days...). Lunch is served very promptly if you order from the lunch menu, it's fresh and delicious. And all this for less than $10!

This is going to be my regular when visiting the area, highly recommend it!

(Note, their dishes tend to be a little spicy than the norm, where even a "1" still feels quite hot - but very tasty. If you're not into hot food, better ask for mild...)

Reviewed 11 April 2014

While on business with eight other colleagues we had lunch at this local favorite. The lunch rush was packed and the staff was a bit challenged on the timeliness of the service but the food definitely made up for it. I had the pineapple curry shrimp that was probably the best I have had since my last visit the Thailand. The spice level (I choose level 2 with a maximum of 4) quickly approached my personal threshold of flavorful versus un-enjoyable. Very good though, next time I will likely stick to a level one. The staff was pleasant and the location was clean and well maintained. Highly recommend.

1  Thank troyyz