“Great spot!”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Byward Market Area
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Came here for a late lunch on a cold winter's day. The atmosphere is so cheerful and brightly coloured that you warm up quickly. Food was good and freshly made. Service is a little strange as you get a menu then go up to order then they bring you the food. Lots of salsa options. Would definitely recommend stopping in. Reasonably priced. Two entrees and two beers under $45.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

All the dishes are fresh and flavorful, I've never been disappointed. Huge portions. Great salsa selection!

Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere is very lively. It's underground but doesn't feel dingy. The food was decent, but didn't knock our socks off. The margaritas were awful. We ordered a pitcher and we're not convinced it had any tequila in it. We didn't even finish it because we felt like we were just drinking straight cheap sugary margarita mix. The ordering process was chaotic. The woman taking my order was so distracted she got 3 things wrong. They were good about correcting the errors however. Our waitress was friendly and attentive.

1  Thank niamhleigh
Reviewed 24 January 2014

It's certainly not the best plate of Mexican food I've ever had, but it's probably the best I've had since moving to Canada. The flavors are authentic and the food is pretty good. Value -- especially for this part of an already expensive city -- is fantastic.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

I was with my collegues which one was from Nicaragua and i asked : is it like as good as when you where living in your village. She said that Ahora is the best maxicain ( not nicaraguaian) food she ever had in a restaurant. Very good ambiance but the restaurant is located downstairs. It is half a cafeteria and half service. Very quick service for a lunch. I will return for sure!