“Hospitality is lacking”

Cuisines: Contemporary, Fusion
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I've been to this restaurant a few times before and the food and service were fine. I visited for brunch today and was very disappointed by the lack of even basic courtesy from the owner. We were a party of three and agree with a previous review that noted a lack of organization with regard to the waiting list. When we were seated by the owner he said 'come on.' The place was very busy with a line the whole time we were there (approximately an hour). The owner walked by our table numerous times looking at us, clearly wanting us to leave. We were made to feel uncomfortable and did leave, never to return. The waiter was great. The food is good but not extraordinary. I'll spend my money where I feel welcome.

1  Thank tohearncanada

Reviewed 25 June 2013 via mobile

I have been here multiple times and will be back every time I visit Ottawa. Great food & atmosphere. The omelettes are the best I've had and the molasses toast is delicious!

Reviewed 7 June 2013

Clearly,the owner and chef loves his job.We went and waited.I was not dissatisfied .I waited 2 more times because I wanted to try everything on the menu.The food is a mix of South Africa ,American Cajun,Thai comfort foods.Breads are homemade,coffee is roasted for them from a local farm.Dishes are plentiful and delicious .I am a chef of 30 years and can't tell you how happy I was.The mix of flavors and fresh foods.My family was with me and asked for things not on the menu and they were very accommodating .It was truly pleasurable experience .Thank you and the staff.

2  Thank Chris G
Reviewed 13 May 2013

The restaurant lacks in good quality service. If you are planning to go there on a busy occasion, you should forget about it and go to good quality restaurants who allow for reservations and know what they can handle. This owner/manager of the restaurant allowed people who came after my family showed up, and allowed them to be seated. There was clearly a lack of organisation. The owner definitely has his favourites. For this reason, I will never bring my family to the restaurant.

9  Thank angra a
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We went after seeing the place in "You gotta eat here".
And indeed, the french toasts (home made bread) is too died for.
Very nice place, can be crowded and a bit noisy but the food is fresh, the price are reasonnable and..... you can't beat that brunch!!!!

1  Thank Luthien_Tinuvielle