“A pleasant surprise!”

Ranked #85 of 2,738 Restaurants in Ottawa
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Canadian, International, Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
“A pleasant surprise!”
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

My husband and I weren't expecting much based on the unassuming ambience of this small place, but the service was great and the food was fantastic! I had the potato-encrusted goat cheese salad and will be dreaming of it for a while! A gem!

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
“Delightful Experiences Withing”
Reviewed 26 December 2013

We had a great evening for the dinner special not too long ago and the food came out quickly, fresh and hot with a smile on our servers face. The drink prices were good and the atmosphere was warm and inviting. We'll be returning soon to enjoy once again.

• Visited November 2013
Perth, Canada
“Must have been a bad day in the kitchen”
Reviewed 17 December 2013

After seeing the show " You gotta eat here " we where excited to have brunch after romantic night in Ottawa on our way home after a big snow storm . We ordered the omelet special and eggs benedict. Very big disappointment - way below average . The tepid at best and the presentation was horrible . My eggs benedict where a hard english muffin with a tiny piece of ham with small eggs with a little sauce with a much of home fries and old fruit in a little side dish of the plate . No garnish and very unappetizing presentation- I wish I had taken a picture . My boyfriend had barely no mushrooms / bacon or cheese in his omelet . Maybe the cook was having a bad day but I would not recommend going our of your way to go here - your local dinner would just as good and probably way better . Disappointing all round and expensive for the amount of food

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Lydia B
Ottawa, ON
“Wonderful service and great food...”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

First, our server was fantastic. She was always available, made great selections for us, and was eager to hear how they had done! The restaurant was full and we never felt abandoned or ignored. We ordered the Chicken Bobotie (a South African dish) which was flavourful and plentiful, a real delight. I'd like to try it with Tofu next time. My wife had the Jerk Chicken which was not as spicy as other places we have tried, but it was tasty and hot (and the server had explained the smoother, light tasting Jerk beforehand). The plates have plenty of food, so if you are looking for desert, no appetizer is needed. Our on ly complaint was the temperature of the restaurant (too cool) but the staff accommodated our move to a less breezy table without complaint. We will definitely return,,, with friends next time.

• Visited November 2013
Ottawa, Canada
“A-Mazing Brunch”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

I had brunch Sunday brunch here in October and the place was packed. We arrived at 11am and the line was long. If we'd been 2 we could have had a table in about 20 minutes but since we were 5 we had to wait about 35 minutes. BUT once we got our food we forgot all about that.
The menu was full of great options but I decided on the salmon and spinach eggs benedict. It was a great choice! Everyone enjoyed their food so you can't go wrong. Overall it's definitely worth the wait. One other note is that it's an open kitchen so you'll probably smell a bit like breakfast when you leave. Don't wear your suit!!

• Visited October 2013