“GOOD PUB GRUB”

Ranked #253 of 2,848 Restaurants in Ottawa
Price range: US$8 - US$19
Cuisines: Canadian
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Lieutenant's Pump is located in a semi basement, consisting of 5 rooms, with 4 bars. There are lots of private spaces. It is a great spot for parties providing private or semi private areas from 12 to 130 for morning, lunch or evening events. The menus can be viewed on our web site (Vegetarian and Gluten Free menus available). Brunch Saturday & Sunday Roast Beef Dinners - Sunday We have 10 flatscreen tvs throughout the bars for all your sporting needs. Over 30 taps of beer. We run a shuttle bus to all Senator home games, $10 per person and can be purchased at the bar or online at our website. Best Fish & Chips in Ottawa.
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My wife and I visit the Lieutenant's Pump every time we go to Ottawa to visit our son. The food is typical pub fare, always tasty and served by quick pros. There appears to be enough selection to meet most needs. We will continue going back.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I've always loved the atmosphere and food of this place. The beer selection has always been below average for this part of Ottawa. Recently I went back and not only had a fabulous breakfast but also saw so many great new beers. Can't wait to go back for a pint.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

I keep going to this place for breakfast on Sunday mornings with a small group of friends/family. We arrive early enough to beat the lineups. When I leave the lineup is always out the door. Arrive before 10 am on weekends to avoid lineups.

I keep ordering the English Breakfast which is there large man-sized breakfast (I usually don't eat after). I find the place has a cool ambiance and the service is good. I can't wait to try out the terrace.

1  Thank Vidad_Traveler
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Had a few drinks and OK meal here. Service was pleasant but slow. Atmosphere was pretty good - low roof, small rooms help create an intimate and friendly atmosphere. Food was OK but nothing special.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Ended up at this place on a snowy evening and it was the perfect spot. The place was warm and inviting. They had a great menu of beers and the waitstaff were pleasant and knowledgable.