“Mediocrity Abounds!”

Swiss Chalet Rotisserie & Grill
Ranked #11 of 42 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Description: Since our doors first opened in 1954, Canadian families have been coming back to Swiss Chalet generation after generation. Our rotisserie ovens only accept fresh (never frozen), grain-fed, Canadian Grade A chickens, because quality is all we know. So what will it be? A Quarter Chicken with fries?
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We were taken by friends to Swiss Chalet in Paris. It would not have been my first choice, but you don't complain when someone else is paying the tab! We arrived shortly before 6 p.m. and were seated in a reasonable time. Having eaten in several Swiss Chalets in both Cambridge and Kitchener, we knew what the menu had. As a Weight Watchers member, I was horrified by how high in fat most everything was! And so I was bent on avoiding the worst. As a result, I ordered the chicken wrap with a side salad and whole-wheat bun. It was all right (the best I can say!). My friend saw a new item--fish and chips--on the menu. The server vouched for it as excellent, and so he went with it. The waiting time for meals at Swiss Chalets tend to be lengthy, and this one was no exception. My meal was, as I mentioned, okay. My friend was not at all impressed by his fish and chips (of course, why would a chicken restaurant serve fish?). He let the server know and she discounted it by 50%. The other meals were, at best, average. The next time we were asked out, my response was, "As long as it's not Swiss Chalet!" Mediocre at best!

Reviewed 19 August 2013

Swiss Chalet use to be my In-laws comfort food. Now I am not sure what they represent any more. The portions have become very small and then to boot the service at this location was terrible. The waitress spent most of her time chatting with friends at a nearby table, within eye and ear shot. Then she finally decided to have a conversation with us when we go to pay the bill.

Reviewed 16 June 2013

Visitor. Menu typical for Swiss Chalet. Food & service standard Swiss Chalet fare . Usually able to seat you quickly.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

I was treated to an evening meal for doing a favour for friends. We were provided with quick service and we all ordered the same entree, the quarter chicken with salad. Our meal arrived in short time of ordering and I found the serving to be very adequate and the food quality to be very good. To be honest I have never been a Swiss Chalet fan in the past but found this meal satisfying to actually invite me to return in the future.