“pelee places is aces”
Review of Pelee Places

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pelee Island
Pelee Places
Ranked #4 of 13 Pelee Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 November 2011

i find the review and response below amusing!, and feel I should proclaim that pelee places is a great place to stay on pelee island, and not smelly. more like perfect. We shall try the stone house next time yay love (mad)mel the australian

Room Tip: the b n b has this corner with huge windows facing the lake it`s an amazing view, good room
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Pelee Places

Reviewed 6 October 2011

We stayed at the Pelee Places house in Oct. 2011 because the reviews on Trip Advisor were so good especially about the yummy breakfast. When we arrived in the afternoon, the house was being cleaned but the master bedroom we were staying in was ready. I feel the house should have already been cleaned and ready for us when we arrived for the price we paid. It also smelled like cigarette smoke and we are not smokers so that was not good. The sheets and bedding were old and smelled like smoke. We left and went to the winery for a tour which was excellent. We did not return until after dinner (the food on the island at the restaurants is pricey and not that good). When we got back, the house was clean but it was cold so we asked if we could have the heat turned up since there was a sign on the thermostat saying not to turn up the heat. Once again, we felt for the price we were paying $180.00 US dollars a night that we should have been able to turn up the heat. There are lots of movies to watch and books to read in the house. The hostess is very nice and made us a delicious breakfast with lots of coffee, juices, yogurt, bread, eggs and Canadian bacon.

Room Tip: The winery tour is great...we had never had ice wine before.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LYNNE G
br05, Owner at Pelee Places, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2011

What a surprise to read this review, as you never gave any indication during your visit of any difficulty, even accepting a 3 pm check out so you could freshen up before the 4 pm boat. I wondered if you might be prone to exaggeration, when you said that the $150 plus tax cdn somehow amounted to $180 us though.
I then see you complain that even though your room was ready, I was still cleaning when you arrived at 12:45. Yes, I was cleaning the kitchen cabinets, fridge and oven. The day before you might even have caught me cleaning the windows. Some days, I might even cut the grass late in the afternoon. It is after all, my own home too.
I realize this was your first visit to a b&b, and that we might not meet the standards you have encountered in the other places you have reviewed -- the Super 8, Comfort Inn, etc, but you are not just renting a room, but use of the entire house.
The first thing you did was strip the bed to inspect for bed bugs, but you don't mention that the
pillows, mattress, pillow top mattress cover and towels were brand new -- and bug free.
My guests are provided with an outdoor smoking area, so I wondered where you thought the cigarette smoke smell came from, until I read that you have made similar complaints pretty much everywhere else you've stayed. Calling my vintage sheets and quilts 'old' is pretty much the same as calling my 19th century antiques, 'used furniture'. Lastly, my thermostat is set on a timer, and as I don't want to replace it for a third time, I do ask that guests not touch it. I did turn it up to 69 degrees Fahrenheit at your request. Perhaps you were chilly because you had the window open, probably to deal with the alleged smoke smell. That window was kept open for days after you left to get rid of the putrid perfume you had sprayed everywhere.
There are many B&B's on Pelee, most of which have no reviews on Tripadvisor. All of them are great and I do not hesitate to recommend any of them. Just check the township site for a link to them all. I asked one of my colleagues why she does not encourage her guests to review her b&b and she pointed out that we must be doing something right to get so many guests returning year after year, and that we really don't need someone with a different agenda to undermine our efforts by posting a misleading review such as yours. I have provided you with a partial refund and wish you continuing good luck in your pursuit of your refund with the place where you got bedbugs.

Reviewed 3 August 2011

This is going to be a short review for now. We really enjoyed our stay at pelee places and pelee island. Be prepared to enjoy NATURE and bring your car and bicycles , dont leave home without them. You need at least to stay 3 nights, 2 will do. Dont forget that you will be away from everything , . It is relaxing and bev is really a wonderful lady. Ill continue with my review later on.

• Stayed: July 2011
4  Thank Ejdd
Reviewed 13 October 2010

Went to Pelee Island for the weekend and stayed at the Guest House with my husband and two children (11 and 8). The house was very spacious and clean. It had everything we could ask for. The beach was just across the street with a fantastic view. The breakfast was yummy with home made blueberry waffles and Canadian back bacon. The hostess, Bev, was charming and gracious. My children adore her and want to stay with her again, and again. The island itself, is friendly and quaint with everyone waving to each other. The weather was wonderful and the kids had a great time looking along the shores for sea glass and hiking through the woods and fields. I highly recommend this place if you want to relax and just unwind and have a great family vacation.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
9  Thank lah_001
Reviewed 28 September 2010

Superb accommodation, like being home, and it makes you want to stay. The Island is peaceful, with clean air and limpid water. Not a resort place, few amenities for anyone wanting to party. Beautiful scenery, beautiful nature, beautiful wine. Our Host was magnificent.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Machold
Reviewed 13 September 2010

Bev, keep up the good work, slept so well I slept in. Breakfast was amazing and the conversation around the table was interesting. Really like hearing the water and walking on the beach right outside the door.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank mjc43210
Reviewed 21 August 2010

This was the second year that my husband and I stayed at Pelee Places, run by Bev Reade.
I cannot say enough about how wonderful our experiences have been. Bev provides a lovely Bed and Breakfast. The house is located on the water front with many large windows that provide a breath taking panoramic view of Lake Erie. Her breakfasts are delicious and expertly prepared. We very much enjoyed the other guests and Bev's graciousness and skill at hosting made for an all together delightful vacation. I highly recommend staying at one of Bev's properties. We will most definitely be returning next year and plan on returning for many years to come.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
#2 of 9 in Leamington
Bay Lodging Resort
Bay Lodging Resort
#1 of 7 in Put in Bay

Been to Pelee Places? Share your experiences!