“can't wait to return”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Pelee Places

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pelee Island
Pelee Places
Ranked #5 of 13 Pelee Island B&B and Inns
Windsor, Ontario
“can't wait to return”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

My girlfriends and I stayed at the B&B, very clean and so comfortable. Everything is provided so we just had to book the ferry, bring our clothes and cameras...and don't forget hiking shoes. Bev is most social and gave us passes for the wonderful winery tour and lot's of suggestions of what to see on the Island.
The views from the B&B are spectacular and the breakfast could not have been better. Bev tries to use a lot of organic and locally sourced foods. She catered willingly to our food preferences and we ate so much the lunch was out of the question. Bev provided sent us to an Island pub for dinner that did not disappoint. The peace, history, beaches and hospitality of Pelee Island had us planning our next trip on the return ferry.

1 Thank HeidiWindsor
br05, Owner at Pelee Places, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
I can't wait for you to return! You always leave Pelee in better condition than you found it. All the people here love it when you visit, spending money on restaurants, boutiques and even tips! Please come back soon.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Belleville, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

A great experience. It was just our second B & B ever and we were a little put off from our first one but so glad we tried Bev's place. Very comfortable home with exceptional taste in decorating a lakehouse. So nice to walk out the door and sit on a private beach on the shore of Lake Eie. Our room was the King suite with our own bathroom and we were so very comfortable - There were two other guests that Bev introduced us to and got the conversation going, then quietly left the house to slip back in when all lights were out to get our coffee ready for the morning. We thorough enjoyed our stay and would return to Bev's BB anytime. Highly recommend due to: Excellent Accommodation, Excellent location, Very warm and friendly host that we instantly liked. Freshly made muffins and breakfast to die for. Bev actually packaged up muffins and sent them on our way with us. Can't say enough good things.

Room Tip: King Suite was very roomy and comfortable
br05, Owner at Pelee Places, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Thank you so much for your kind comments. Please come back soon and adopt an outside kitty!
Beijing, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

We returned to Pelee Island for the first time after our engagement there to celebrate our first anniversary. We were surprised to be upgraded to the Stone Cottage! What a gem! I love old houses and this one is one of, if not the oldest, on the island. There was everything we would need for a week stay or longer. Bev made sure we had passes for the winery and let us know that there would be music there on the weekend. We were not expecting to be on our own and Bev sent a few baked goods and coffee for us. She also invited us for breakfast on the second morning of our stay. She did not disappoint! Bacon fried bacon! Yum!!!!
The cottage is a short walk from the bakery, which is delicious! We enjoyed the walk for croissants and coffee/chai lattes in the morning. The view from the double deck on the lake was amazing! I was able to enjoy a sunset and a sunrise. It was so relaxing and refreshing.
The island is quiet and unassuming. It is a retreat from the pace of everyday life. It was just what we wanted. Don't go if you are looking for excitement.
We hope to return and stay for longer next time!!!

Room Tip: Visit her website to choose the location that is best for you. There are four options, each with it...
br05, Owner at Pelee Places, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
What an honour to have you as our guests. It was amazing to reserve with you over the phone from China! Once you told me that you were coming for such a special occasion, your first anniversary, after you had been engaged 2 years ago on Pelee, I knew the only place for you was the Stone House. It was my pleasure to surprise you with the upgrade from the b&b.
Cheers,
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

We were having a girls' weekend and stayed at the B&B located down the street from the Lighthouse. Bev was a wonderful and gracious hostess. Breakfast was included in our package and we were not disappointed. I will not make you jealous discussing the blueberry, pumpkin waffles with warm maple syrup. Needless to say, it was a fun and relaxing weekend. Friday evening we went to Scudder's (local bar and grill) and heard an excellent band and met more friendly islanders, even a woman born and raised on Pelee Island. Saturday, we toured the local museum and winery, and chilled out later at Pelee Places B&B with a pizza and wine from the winery. I would highly recommend for couples and solo travelers too. Our only regret is that we could not stay longer.

Room Tip: I was in the back room. When the windows were open, it was a great cross breeze which gentle sounds...
br05, Owner at Pelee Places, responded to this review, 17 August 2014
Your girls' weekend had to include me, and thank you so much for including me in some of your antics, it was great that you drove all the way from Chicago to Leamington, took the ferry across and back, and then another 6 hours to get home, just to visit Pelee Island. I am so glad you enjoyed yourselves as much as we enjoyed you.
Cheers
Windsor, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I recently stayed at Pelee Places with 2 friends for a girls get-a-way. The cottage was very nice, spacious and clean. The lake was right across the street. Amazing views from the two-tiered deck on the water. You can swim right there as well. Bev was amazing and invited us for breakfast at her B & B which was awesome with beautiful views of the lake. Breakfast was delicious. I would recommend Pelee Places and Pelee Island to everyone. I'm going to bring my family for a vacation soon. Thank you so much Bev, we had a great time!

Dawn Tellier, Windsor, Ont

1 Thank Dawn T
br05, Owner at Pelee Places, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
It was an excellent experience to have you visit too!
Please return anytime, especially soon.
Howell, Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

Not really sure why this place costs over $100 more than the lovely B&B's in the Leamington area and breakfast is not even included! It might be worth it if there were several families to split the cost but there were just the two of us and add to that the cost of round trip ferry service with a car and its just not worth it. We never met Bev and did not even have a handwritten welcome note for our 36th anniversary. I understand she invited us over for breakfast which was nice but our cell phones were out of service area on the island which I'm sure is pretty common so we didn't get the message until we had left the island. Just a suggestion but maybe a $20 gift card to the bakery down the road would be a good idea. We kept a light on in the bathroom so we could see our way if we got up at night - I guess that was a mistake, there were bugs everywhere! We didn't even take showers in that mess. One tiny a/c unit in the kitchen of all places which did not do much to cool the house much less the bedrooms. Advertised as luxury accommodation when the water is not even tested to be safe to drink? And who knows how long the water has been sitting in the large plastic containers deemed "safe". We left the island a day early because everything is overpriced and underwhelming, no wonder the population of the island has dwindled to less than 150 people. We still had a good time and made the best of our first visit ever to this island but this house was a disappointment and hard to find.

1 Thank Billperchlover
br05, Owner at Pelee Places, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
I am so sorry that we did not meet your expectations, however, I cannot imagine what your expectations might have been!
For the price of two rooms at a b&b, you rented a magnificent stone house, built in the 1840's, complete with a full kitchen, screened-in gazebo, 200' beach with deck.fire wood, charcoal, bottled drinking water, DVD movies, fresh herbs and berries, coffee and filters,CDs and iPod docking station, new sheets and towels, new couch and loveseat, 2 overhead fans, a window air conditioner, a portable air conditioner, a commercial stand up fan, 3 table fans, a bathroom nightlight, an intact screen on the front door, and some fresh flowere to recognize your 36th wedding anniversary. The free bikes and winery tour passes we provide also add to the value we try to provide.
You did not mention that it was such a special occasion when booking, so when I received a mendicant email the day before your arrival -- "Hey, it's our 36th wedding anniversary. What are you going to do for us?" -- I was somewhat take aback, but responded immediately, inviting you to breakfast, (not usually included with the Stone House) and arranging for flowers.
I was flattered to read another reviewer's assessment of my yummy breakfast as being worth $20.00 per person, so your suggestion that I should have been standing on the porch of the Stone House waving a gift certificate for the bakery for $20.00, on arrival, or at least including same with a handwritten note amazes me. My helper who did meet you said you were very nice.
You complained about the price of your accommodation and the prices on the island in general. Yes, everything is more expensive on Pelee, especially hydro electricity. So, when you say you left the bathroom light on, you really mean that you left the vanity light, with 4 bulbs on, instead of the nightlight provided. Do you really wonder why bugs were attracted by the light? The house has the original 1840's windows!
So, I'm sorry you didn't make it up for a yummy breakfast. The table was set for you. I thought it rather unusual not to receive a response to my invitation, but apparently you felt you deserved more for your special occasion.
I do appreciate your constructive criticism, and once I finish paying for the taxes, hydro, gardening, wheelchair ramp, pest prevention, plumbing upgrades, cleaning, stainless fridge recently installed, new window coverings (or even windows if I choose to compromise the integrity of the Stone House), I'll consider buying gift certificates. In the meantime, I would be intrigued if you would share your thoughts on the appropriate welcomes for the two couples sharing their 40ths, the honeymooners, and especially the couple who came from China to spend their first anniversary on Pelee Island, where they were engaged. All of these people visited Pelee Places the same week that you did. I tried to make their visits special too, and I hope I didn't disappoint them by not buying a dinner at the A & W!
Brantford, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed at Pelee Places the weekend of June 30th, 2014, great stay. The cottage we stayed at was 69 Eastshore Rd, just down from the light house. At the time we were the only people staying at the cottage which was nice since we had the place to ourselves. Bev the owner would come in each morning and cook an awesome breakfast for us each day, I don't know if you get the breakfast at the Stone house Cottage. The breakfast is something that you would pay $20 a plate for at a regular restaurant so you won't be hungry after. Bev was very nice and provided us with all the information we need to to tour around the island for a couple days. It was nice to have her around to talk with each day. Her cottage is very clean and has all the items you need including toiletries. We road my motorcycle up so it was nice to not have to pack much.
Make use you book the ferry well in advance since it only holds 40 cars and books up fast. You can park your car and walk over, you will just have to cab it around the island. Make sure to visit the winery during the day. They have a live band playing.

Nice stay and good couple days to hang out.

Room Tip: - we had the larger room with the bathroom attached.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
br05, Owner at Pelee Places, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Thank you for your kind words. I do try to be unobtrusive, especially when my guests have the house to themselves. It is great to know how many people have come just to dance in that great front room at the B&B.
I noticed you didn't appreciate our remote location so much, which is why I recommend one of the houses on the North Shore if you want to be able to walk to the bakery or pubs. The B&B is the place for privacy, sunrises and sunsets.
Cheers,
Point Pelee Lakeshore B&B
Point Pelee Lakeshore B&B
#3 of 8 in Leamington
Put-in-Bay Resort Hotel and Conference Center

Been to Pelee Places? Share your experiences!