“beautiful bed and breakfast”
Review of Pelee Places

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pelee Island
Pelee Places
Ranked #3 of 13 Pelee Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 November 2008

it was beautiful. I really enjoyed my stay there. A very remote place, so relaxing and great. Bev was nice and the place was well worth our time. thanks again!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 November 2008

A few of my girlfriends and I decided to escape from the city for a week. We rented out the Stone House through Pelee Places and we were presently surprised. We were thrilled with this beautiful house over looking Lake Erie on Pelee Island. It was perfect for the four of us. The Stone House is well maintained and very clean. We were expecting a rustic cottage, but we got a lot more than we bargained for. The house is beautifully decorated with antique furniture and we really loved the screened in gazebo where we spent most nights enjoying great food and Pelee Island wine. The lake front dock and beach is a great place to catch some beautiful sunsets at the end of the day as well.

Bev, the owner of Pelee Places, made sure that we had a great time on the island. She was very helpful and made a lot of good suggestions about places to visit and was very accommodating. She was nice enough to give us our own personal island tour. We definitely plan on coming back and making this a yearly retreat. I would highly recommend Pelee Places. You're definitely getting more than just your average cottage.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with friends
1  Thank bestguest101
Reviewed 16 November 2008

During my tour of Canada and North America, I stayed with a friend in the wonderful Stone House on the exquisite Pelee Island in Ontario, Canada, and had the most magnificent time. Relaxing, peaceful, quaint -- and the service was second to none. The accommodation was very comfortable, and the owner was a true delight. Heartily recommended for a gloriously peaceful stay away from the hubbub of city life. Five stars.

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 November 2008

Thanks Bev. Had such a wonderful and relaxing stay. Delicious breakfasts next to the fireplace over looking the lake couldn't have been more romantic and peaceful.
You out did yourself with your knowledge of where to eat (bakery), the history of the island.
Am hoping I can keep my place, now that we're home as open and warm as you have made yours. Also wishing i could have brought the comfortable bed home with us.
You made us feel like old friends. Thank you.
You're a sweetie!

• Stayed: August 2006, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2008

Pelee Places B and B is in one of the most beautiful parts of Pelee Island. It overlooks Lake Erie on one side and a small lake-cum-marsh on the other. The B and B is quite charmingly decorated and the breakfasts were wonderful.

However we found the landlady, Bev, most unwelcoming. The four of us were constantly scolded, which made an unpleasant atmosphere for the four nights that we were there. As we are all over 55 this came as quite a surprise!

Would we stay there again? Definitely NOT!

• Stayed: September 2008, travelled with friends
5  Thank srh002
br05, owner at Pelee Places, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2008

Wow! I never realized that a hostess for a bed and breakfast was considered by some people to be a 'landlady', but that's pretty much how I was treated by you. I recall that long weekend being told at 8pm not to cook my own dinner in my own kitchen as it would disturb one of the guests who wanted to sit there instead! I left.
But I guess I am the bossy one, when I have to tell people not to park on my septic system, not to disturb my neighbours by trespassing on their property, not to leave windows and doors open, to recycle appropriately, etc. etc. I am however grateful to know that my breakfasts were enjoyed, as there was never any indication at the time that they were appreciated in any way. Probably my worst weekend at the B&B in 3 years.
Bev

Reviewed 22 June 2008

We have been coming to Pelee Island for years and were lucky enough to discover Pelee Places 5 years ago. There are several different houses and we've stayed in two of them. The Stone House is our favourite but the Guest House was better for our family. Everything is supplied except for food and the location on the north shore of the island is convenient to the bakery and restaurants. The houses are very clean and the beach is fantastic. We did not stay in the B&B but were invited for wine and cheese and would stay there if we wanted to come for just one night as it has the most incredible views on the island.

8  Thank peleer
#2 of 8 in Leamington
Commodore Resort
Commodore Resort
#3 of 7 in Put in Bay

Been to Pelee Places? Share your experiences!