“Amazing inn- clean and beautiful”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Pelee Island
The Wandering Dog Inn
Ranked #3 of 13 Pelee Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Loved my stay here- very friendly owner, super clean.. Beach is right down the road with a hot tub and gazebo available. Breakfast was really good each morning. We went to the winery for lunch and it was down the road. Loved it and will be back!

• Stayed: July 2013
dolce67, Owner at The Wandering Dog Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Thank you all so much for such wonderful reviews. I am blessed to meet such amazing people each and every day! It was a pleasure having you stay with me.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Fantastic location! Close to beach (note: there are water snakes!!). Our hostess, Sandra, is absolutely lovely - very helpful & very friendly. Rooms are clean, cozy and comfortable. Good breakfast. We were there for the Half Marathon....first night was a bit loud because of some rowdy folks but they weren't there the next night and it was very peaceful. Beautiful grounds and a nice gazebo....

Room Tip: Each room is unique...Noah's Ark is very nice!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SaucyGirl9
Reviewed 3 June 2014

We had a wonderful experience, the rooms were very clean and nicely decorated (very romantic). The hostess Sandra was very pleasant and kind. Very short walk to the beach quiet and peaceful atmosphere. I love birds and there was plenty to see. This Inn is unique with it's large suites behind the Inn.

Room Tip: the back suites are absolutely beautiful and private.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Virginia C
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The Wandering Pheasant is a quaint little inn on Pelee Island in the middle of Lake Erie. Getting there was a treat in itself as you have 2 car /passenger ferries to travel across the lake. The Inn is a short distance from the dock by car. Booking in was effortless and a pleasure with our Hostess Sandra. The inn is a beautiful old home with newer suites behind. The yard was wonderful . Sitting out you can hear all the sounds of nature singing thru the trees and all around you. There are a few bars in which you can let your wild side loose to all types of music and places to eat. The breakfast provided at the Inn was lovely,nothing heavy. Our stay came to an end too quickly and we will return again in the future as there was not enough time to view all of the Island. My highlight not only was the wonderful accommodations but my first up close sighting of nesting Bald Eagles--Fantastic

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I stayed here on the Victoria Day weekend of 2013 with my better half, picking the Wandering Pheasant Inn as our base camp for a weekend of cycling and hiking around Pelee Island (which is quite flat, perfect for touring around on a bike).

The Inn is a handsome, comfortable building close to the south shore and not far from the winery, Fish Point nature reserve (aka Canada's southernmost, and extremely picturesque, inhabited point), and some rather pretty beaches. Our room was comfortable and sunny, the baths were clean and in good order, and the communal rooms on the main floor were comfy and tidy. Through the day the whole building was opened up, letting a sublime spring breeze blow through. Sandra and her staff were friendly but not intrusive, and the outdoor gazebo and hot tub are nice touches that really make it worth the ticket price. I'd love to return in full summer with hot days and breezes off the lake - though Pelee Island at the end of an unusually cold May was still quite comfortable (t-shirt weather in the day, sweater weather after sunset).

For interested LGBT* travellers, we were made quite welcome throughout the island. For those with food allergies, you'll want to make sure to bring some supplies (not a knock against the Wandering Pheasant at all, just an FYI that there's limited food selection on the island).

Room Tip: They all looked lovely, and we got a chance to see them all. They are themed, so you may want to re...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I booked this close to the last minute, as a trip to Pelee was a spur of the moment thing. Found the number on the internet and called. Sandra had me booked in moments. I was not staying in the busy period, so i had the place pretty much to myself. The first morning, Sandra sat down and chatted with me for over an hour. She is an amazing ambassador for Pelee Island! As if that wasn't enough, that evening she invited me to a dinner with over a dozen of the nicest people living on the Island. Doesn't every B&B proprietor do that? Not likely. I was made to feel almost like part of a family from the first moment to the last. Once you add to that the absolutely amazing breakfast food - banana bread and carrot cake - I will definitely be going back. The bed was comfy, the bathroom clean and modern and the screened-in private porch with hammock - superb! Some tips: DO book your ferry both there and back in advance, esp. if you are driving a car; DO rent bicycles - they are an imminently sensible way to explore the island; DO try Conorlee's Bakery; DO enjoy - Pelee is truly a unique and special place and the Wandering Pheasant Inn is a wonderful place to stay.

Room Tip: Suites at the back are the nicest with the private porch and bathroom, but all of the rooms I saw we...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Pasdaddy
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Surprised the previous reviewer found Sandra difficult as our experience was totally opposite. She and her staff were friendly, accommodating and made staying at the Inn a pleasure. The Inn has several extras we didn't expect and appreciated such as themed rooms in the main building, hot tub, large screened gazebo, community fridge rooms and homemade muffins and jam at breakfast. Great place to stay for couples or groups of friends. Would definitely stay again.

Book ferry immediately with your hotel reservations to ensure you can get on and off the island on the day/time you want.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Been to The Wandering Dog Inn? Share your experiences!