“Perfect”

Twin Pines Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 14 Peterborough B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We were in Peterborough overnight for one reason only ... to move our daughter from college to her placement. We booked Twin Pines, as it was extremely close to our daughter's place. After a 5 hour trip, we were made very welcome. We only spent one quick night, but it was a very enjoyable part of our trip. Our room was lovely, as well as the common lounge. Pat made us a nice breakfast the next morning to shore us up for the move. I spent a few minutes sitting on the back deck with my morning coffee, enjoying the lovely back yard complete with songbirds and squirrels.Highly recommeded.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 April 2013

I needed a place to stay in Peterborough while I looked up old friends and did some travel down memory lane. I haven't stayed in too many B&Bs, but if they are all like this I will be happy. The price was right, Jim and Pat are great hosts, communicative without being intrusive. The dogs are cute if you need a pet fix and the breakfast is served in a lovely room at the back of the house. A great bed, quiet place, a bathroom with everything you need, I had a really nice time there while I tooled around the Peterborough area.
Good parking in front of the house too.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Ann P
Reviewed 16 January 2013

Canadians know a lot about friendly warmth and comfort, and Jim and Patti do it well with expert hospitality. Even this jetlagged limey found the welcoming shelter of the Twin Pines B&B easy to find in a snowstorm, seated as it is snugly among snow-sprinkled spruces. Dad and I settled in easily to visit Mum in hospital over Christmas. The easy to set up wi fi helped me stay in contact with famiiy and friends and the hearty breakfasts were certainly remarkable..

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank David R
Reviewed 3 September 2012

My wife, my parents, and I recently booked 2 rooms at Twin Pines largely because hotels in the area were completely full for the date that we needed but, boy, were we glad that things worked out as they did!

In reading other TripAdvisor reviews of hotels in Peterborough, we frequently came across complaints about noisy sports tournament groups, dirty rooms, poor value, and inattentive customer service. All of that has to be taken with a grain of salt, of course, but our stay at Twin Pines helped us to avoid all of those worries.

Twin Pines is not located right downtown but really only a short drive away. It's on a fairly major street which affords guests easy access but there's virtually no traffic at night; if there even was any noise, it wasn't audible to us. Given that Peterborough was hosting two large festivals over the weekend of our stay, I'd say that the location was perfect for steering clear of the hubbub.

We stayed in the Cardinal Room which has direct access to a nice deck, a small above-ground pool, and large backyard. A shame for us that we didn't have time to take advantage of these amenities but they sure looked inviting! The room itself was cozy, clean, and well-appointed with a full ensuite bathroom and a smallish flat-screen TV with DVD player. The common area in front of our room had a larger TV, DVD player and sound system, and nice comfy chairs in which to relax, play board games/cards, or chat.

Breakfast was excellent for both quality and quantity: fruit salad, yogourt, bread (2 kinds), milk/cereal, and fresh-made veggie-cheese omelettes along with fresh-brewed coffee. Jim and Patti are outgoing, friendly, and helpful hosts who really do their best to make guests feel right at home. They did a super job of working to our travel schedule and taking care of all of our needs.

To top it all off, they charge the most stunningly reasonable rates for what they offer ... we've paid close to 30% more for a B&B in Peterborough and not been nearly as impressed. If you're looking for accommodation in this town, you'd be a fool not to contact Patti and Jim first!

Room Tip: The Cardinal Room has the advantages that I wrote about above, but you might want to look into the S...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank homebody69
Reviewed 11 July 2012

Just spent five nights at Twin Pines and could not have been more pleased: super clean, great bed, huge and delicious breakfasts, and Patty and Jim were the most charming of hosts. Excellent location to boot. We will certainly be staying here again every time that we come to Peterborough.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Guy H
Management response:Responded 13 July 2012

Glad you enjoyed your stay at Twin Pines as much as we enjoyed meeting you and Patricia.Hope to see you both again,Guy,and thank you for the kind words.

Reviewed 23 March 2012

What a great find! The owners Patti and Jim are accommodating, friendly, and warm. They really make you feel like a guest in their home. Here are my thoughts:

Accommodations: You have the choice between a separate entrance suite or (2) rooms. I stayed in the Cardinal room for one night in March of 2012. The room was equipped with a private full bath, tv, dvd player, WiFi access, comfortable queen bed, and access to the deck off a slider. The room opens into shared living space, all for you and the one other guest(s). Here there is a sitting area with tv, dvd player, games, magazines, books, and deep arm chairs to make it all happen. As well the room shares an eating area with table, sink, coffee maker, kettle, sink, and mini fridge. In addition, there is a deck and above ground pool all sitting on a deep landscaped lot.

Location: The B&B is situated in a residential area on a bus route minutes to downtown, the River, and a short jaunt to the University. The property backs onto an arena.

Breakfast: I was asked the evening before about preferences and allergies. In the morning an abundance of fresh fruit, granola, and yogurt was served country style. The coffee was made and everything was great.

I believe that this is a good value. You receive the amenities of a suite for the cost of a hotel room. I will definitely be using Twin Pines as my go to accommodation when in Peterborough.

Cheers,
-Shelley.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ShellB23
45TwinPines, Owner at Twin Pines Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2012

Thank you Shelly for the wonderful kind words about Twin Pines. Jim and I are so pleased that you experienced,"Be Warm,Be Welcome, Be at Home" exactly what we strive to provide for our guests.
We hope to see you again and wish you success in your endevours and a wonderful spring and summer season.