“Great value!”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Peterborough
Montreal, Canada
“Great value!”
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We stayed for a weekend for a family wedding in a neighbouring town. Check in and out was fast and simple, the people at the front desk were nice and helpful. The location was great, a few minutes drive from downtown and walking distance to many stores and restaurants. The beds were comfortable, the room was clean, the free WiFi was a great plus and very reliable. The complimentary hot breakfast (eggs, sausage, bacon...) was definitely appreciated! :D

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Malooorie
qualityinn290, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for your review, we appreciate your comments and will be passed along to the team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
London, Canada
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Staid a night here after our trip to Canada's Wonderland on our way to a location further east. Check in and out were flawless, room and bath was ok. Nothing great but this is reflected in the very affordable prices. The only drawback is that the windows in our room could not be opened at all and the AC was louder than my truck.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
qualityinn290, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
We are pleased that you found us and that you had an enjoyable stay. The rooms in the back section of the hotel have windows that open, unfiortunaelty you stayed in the front section which is the original hotel and they didn't think about that when it was built.Hope to see you again next time you are passing through.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 8 August 2014

this hotel has its good and not so good point. firstly, the front desk staff were great. the hotel room was nice. the only problem was that the room was hot even with the air condition on. the location was great. close to some shopping and lots of restaurants. this was our first time in peterborough and we really liked where we were. the complimentary breakfast was really good. it was a nice extra.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
qualityinn290, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Thank you for your kind comments and are pleased that you found us convenient, look forward to seeing you again.
Ontario
Reviewed 20 July 2014

Although this hotel is showing its age in the corridors and stairwells, our king room was spacious and updated. Adequate free parking and free internet. I rarely enjoy the included breakfasts and this was no exception so I stuck to a boiled egg.

Room Tip: First floor rooms have direct access to parking lot.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
qualityinn290, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
We have made some improvements to our guest rooms and are pleased to see that you found them comfortable and yes most guests like the idea of drive up parking in front of their rooms. A real convenience if you have a lot of luggage. Thank you for taking the time to write a review and look forward to welcoming you back.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I usually visit Peterborough a couple of times each summer. The newer Super 8 hotel seems to be quite busy. I enjoyed my stays there last summer but couldn't book a room during my most recent Peterborough visit. This time I booked the Quality Inn just a block away from Super 8 and was pleasantly surprised. It is a lot older but they have made some nice upgrades. The hot breakfast at most Choice Hotels is a good incentive as well.

The room I had was ground floor with a sliding door for easy access to my car but the hotel was very busy so you are fortunate if you get the parking spot right in front of your room. Upgrades are nice although the dimensions of the room are a little tighter than other Choice Hotels that I've stayed at. The ac unit was a bit loud being adjacent to one of the beds.

The location couldn't be better with restaurants, malls, Walmart and Costco all within walking distance or 2 minute drive.

Room Tip: Always go with the ground floor rooms for easy access to your car. Pick a west facing room if you e...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank ALC32014
qualityinn290, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
We appreciate your kind comments and are pleased that you found us. We are a diamond in the rough and are happy that you found our hotel to your liking. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.
Georgetown, Canada
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I'll start off by saying I work nights, so my sleep schedule is a little off from most peoples. That being said a hotel should respect that people have different schedules. On the final day of my stay I was woken up by 3 rings of my phone, which I missed as I was sleeping and the phone only just woke me up. The hotel took this as an invitation to waltz right in to my room (despite a do not disturb sign) and begin changing all the lights. When I told them to leave because I was sleeping they argued.
This is by far the most disgusting violation of privacy I've ever had to deal with at a hotel. Don't stay here if you value your privacy!

• Stayed June 2014
4 Thank ramsaywanderer
qualityinn290, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
I would like to apologize for your experience. We do respect the privacy of our guests and respect the do not disturb sign and sleep patterns of our guests when we are advised. In the morning our staff advised that this work needed to be completed today and were told to come back later in the day as you were checking out later, our contractor waited until 6pm to come and complete the work as advised.

Travellers are raving about these Peterborough hotels

Ilderton ON
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Spent one night prior to a wedding. Great employee at desk who advised us of places to eat. Also gave us directions about travel in am to another area. Breakfast was fabulous. Great value. Only wish I had known no elevator. Would have asked for ground floor.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank hatterma
qualityinn290, Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
We are pleased that you found our hotel affordable and the staff helpful. We pride ourselves on presenting a great breakfast for our guests. We hope to see you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peterborough
Super 8 Peterborough
#4 of 12 in Peterborough
Village Inn of Lakefield
Village Inn of Lakefield
#1 of 2 in Lakefield

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!