“Overnight stay”

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Peterborough
Peterborough, Canada
“Overnight stay”
Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stayed overnight in Peterborough. The complimentary breakfast was good. The beds were comfy, linens were clean. Check in was a breeze, we arrived late. There were no problems at all during our stay. We travelled with our 6 year old daughter, who enjoyed the swimming pool, the pool is a bit small but she was happy. The staff at the hotel was very helpful and friendly. We left the hotel happy, Our stay here was a good one. Although the furniture could use an update.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Comfort0724, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how you felt about your recent stay at the Comfort Hotel & Suites in Peterborough. It certainly sounds like you had the kind of experience we strive to give our guests every time they stay with us. I will pass on your kind comments to our amazing staff. Our breakfast is a large bonus included with all room rentals for our guests. A hot breakfast is always a nice way to start the day! In reference to your comment about the furniture, we have renovated all King rooms with new furniture and décor, our next order of business is to renovate all the rooms with queen beds, so it is in the works and we are really excited about getting that done!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed 28 June 2013

My recent stay at the Comfort Inn was great. Clean rooms, great free breakfast, and easy access to shopping and restaurants...even if you want to park the vehicle and walk. Although there is a pool and whirl pool they looked in need of a bit of cleaning so I didn't use them. All in all I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Peterborough.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Comfort0724, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 29 June 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing.

We take great pride in our Property, Service and Quality here at the Comfort Hotel & Suites in Peterborough.

The location of the hotel is very convenient it is true, with shopping just down the street and the City of Peterborough at your fingertips, staying here is a breeze.

Again I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. I hope you make the trip again soon!
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 30 May 2013

I really enjoyed staying here ~ my room was comfortable, clean, and very quiet. The hallways were spotless and the elevator was very handy. Nice touch as well is that it's pet friendly. I would definitely choose this Comfort Inn again when I return to Peterborough. Next time though, I'll have to allot extra time to use the enticing pool!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Comfort0724, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Thank you so much for your review after staying with us at the Comfort Hotel in Peterborough.

I’m so glad to hear you had the kind of experience we strive to give you here at our Hotel.

Our housekeeping staff works hard to keep the property in tip top shape as we know how important that is to all our guests.

We do allow furry friends in our hotel, another important touch for many of our guests.

We look forward to seeing you again and once again, thank you for choosing the Comfort Hotel.
Canmore, Canada
Reviewed 14 May 2013

In Peterborough for work, this was my home for 2 1/2 weeks. Service was excellent; from the front desk to the breakfast staff to the housekeeping staff, everyone was friendly and helpful. My only complaint would be the cumbersome daily ritual of having to connect to the wifi but even when I had a problem with that, they immediately called the service provider for support (which was also friendly and excellent). I would definitely stay here again and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone travelling in the Peterborough area. Thanks for the cookies!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
annie_west10, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 17 May 2013
Thank you so much for all your kind words and thoughts. Its always nice to hear we are on the right track in terms of customer service and care.

Service is a key element to making that happen. All of our staff are trained and genuinely want to provide the best service possible to our guests while they are with us at the Comfort Hotel & Suites.

A freindly smile, a helping hand and the ability to do their job well all lend to the kind of experience you had ( and I'm glad to hear it) with us.

I have passed on your comments regarding the internet connection to our Operations Manager.

Again let me say Thank You for your comments, I hope we see you again soon and....your welcome for the cookies!
Welland, ON
Reviewed 21 April 2013

I did some research and after reading the reviews of this hotel, decided it looked like a good choice for us. I was wrong. Our requests for extra towels and pillows were denied as we were told the towels were "in the drier" and that there were no extra pillows....even though we were charged 15.00 for an extra cot but there were no extra pillows for our extra guest. We were also forced to use wet towels to "dry off" after a shower. The following morning, we came down for breakfast at 9am as we were told it was available until 10am. At 9:05, when I inquired about when there would be new food coming out since everything was near empty, I as well as others were told that the batch they brought out was the last...even though there were clearly at least 10-15 ppl who had just come in to sit down to eat. We scrounged up what we could, had to share chairs as there was nowhere left to sit, and watched as people around us literally ate with their fingers as even plastic cutlery was nowhere to be found. We were very dissapointed in our stay and would not recommend this hotel

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
annie_west10, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 17 May 2013
First let me say thank you for taking the time to send in your comments and thoughts about our Hotel. These comments help us to judge how guests feel about the property, staff and service.

Our goal is to not only meet each guests expectations in terms of service and care, but to exceed them. Thats why i was truly disheartened to hear you left us unhappy.

Please know that I have taken each comment in your review and spoken to the appropriate supervisor about the specifics. They will each put a plan in place to ensure these individual things are not an issue again.

Again, thank you for letting us know about your concerns.
Marmora, Canada
Reviewed 12 April 2013

i found my stay to be very enjoyable . Everything was just wonderful , i was very impressed by the cleanliness and courteousness of the employees . I will definitely stay and recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
annie_west10, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 18 April 2013
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel! We try every day to meet the needs and wants of our guests through excellent customer service.

You mentioned 2 of the most important aspects of that... room cleanliness and happy staff. Im so glad we could meet or even exceed your expectations.

Thank you for telling all your freinds and family about us, that means more business and more opportunity to turn heads!

We look forward to seeing you again.
Gravenhurst
Reviewed 24 March 2013

I recently stayed at this hotel, while visiting my daughter who is attending school in Peterborough. Starting with check in, the staff were friendly and knowledgeable. I did not have to wait, even though there was a hockey tournament going on the weekend I stayed. The hotel staff seemed to handle the busy time with a smile, and without conflict. They did not get stressed out as I have seen at other hotels before. The staff were also knowledgeable about the Peterborough area, and were able to offer some great suggestions for entertainment in the area.

Once I got to my room I found that my room was very clean and comfortable. So back to the amazing staff, I had forgotten my toothbrush and some other toiletries. I called front desk and they provided me with my needs, no questions asked and within minutes of my call. Very prompt, and attentive.

We made use of the pool and hot tub, both were very clean.

There is a Kelsey's attached to the hotel, so I didn't have to go far for dinner.

Breakfast in the morning was a little bit chaotic, due to the hockey tournament in the Peterborough area. The hotel never ran out of food, eggs, waffles, sausages were all hot and fresh.

My daughter I was visiting came to stay with me at the hotel for the night. She is in a wheelchair and the staff were so helpful holding doors for her, and constantly offering her assistance. They really went above and beyond what was expected. In the past we have been nervous about going to hotels as some are just not accessible. That was not the case here, we really had no trouble at all with accessibility which was a pleasant change.

I will return to this hotel again, and would recommend it to anyone. The staff really made my stay a pleasant one. Thanks Comfort Inn!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
Comfort0724, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 25 March 2013
Thank you so much for that glowing report!

We try so hard to meet our guests needs with honest care and concern. It's going the extra mile that ensures you will continue to come back to be our guest.

I will make sure to pass on your wonderful comments to all of the staff here, I am sure they will appreciate hearing they are on the right track.

Im so glad to hear you were pleased with all the wonderful amenities on our property...and that your room met all expectations.

Im glad to hear you will be back, we cant wait to see you again. Thanks again, we appreciate your comments.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peterborough
Super 8 Peterborough
Peterborough Inn & Suites Hotel
Peterborough Inn & Suites Hotel
#5 of 12 in Peterborough
Days Inn and Suites Lindsay

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!