“Nice face-lift”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Peterborough
Reviewed 29 July 2013

I've been coming this hotel for the past 6 years for work. This past visit they have redone the lobby and breakfast area and some of the rooms. The hotel staff is always friendly and helpful and the rooms are clean and well-maintained.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Comfort0724, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Thank you so much for sending in a review of the Comfort Hotel & Suites in Peterborough. We are very proud of our renovations and the work that has been done to update and improve the property. We renovated the lobby, breakfast area and all 31 King rooms. Soon work will be starting on all other rooms resulting in all 103 rooms being complete. It is important to update and freshen up the décor, appliances and furniture in a hotel like ours and it is wonderful to hear from guests how they notice and enjoy the differences. We want you to always feel you are in your home away from home, after all, when you are with us you are our guest! Thank you for your loyalty, it really goes a long way and means the world to us.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

The best continental breakfast here, not to mention very friendly staff, always a clean room ( they actually upgraded me as I am a choice privalidge member). The rooms are adjacent to the street so no road noise which is a bonus!

Room Tip: No bad rooms here, at least on my stays here.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business

Thank you for taking the time to send in a review for the Comfort Hotel & Suites in Peterborough after your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to hear you were happy with your experience. We strive every day to provide the kind of customer service that results in opinions like yours. Our friendly staff makes achieving this goal possible. Thank you for mentioning the room cleanliness as well. I will make sure to pass on all your generous comments to our team. Whenever we can we try to acknowledge our choice privilege members with an upgrade, it’s the least we can do for your loyalty and business. Thanks again and we hope to see you on your next trip to Peterborough.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

We stayed overnight in Peterborough. The complimentary breakfast was good. The beds were comfy, linens were clean. Check in was a breeze, we arrived late. There were no problems at all during our stay. We travelled with our 6 year old daughter, who enjoyed the swimming pool, the pool is a bit small but she was happy. The staff at the hotel was very helpful and friendly. We left the hotel happy, Our stay here was a good one. Although the furniture could use an update.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Comfort0724, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how you felt about your recent stay at the Comfort Hotel & Suites in Peterborough. It certainly sounds like you had the kind of experience we strive to give our guests every time they stay with us. I will pass on your kind comments to our amazing staff. Our breakfast is a large bonus included with all room rentals for our guests. A hot breakfast is always a nice way to start the day! In reference to your comment about the furniture, we have renovated all King rooms with new furniture and décor, our next order of business is to renovate all the rooms with queen beds, so it is in the works and we are really excited about getting that done!

Reviewed 28 June 2013

My recent stay at the Comfort Inn was great. Clean rooms, great free breakfast, and easy access to shopping and restaurants...even if you want to park the vehicle and walk. Although there is a pool and whirl pool they looked in need of a bit of cleaning so I didn't use them. All in all I would recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Peterborough.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Comfort0724, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing.

We take great pride in our Property, Service and Quality here at the Comfort Hotel & Suites in Peterborough.

The location of the hotel is very convenient it is true, with shopping just down the street and the City of Peterborough at your fingertips, staying here is a breeze.

Again I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay. I hope you make the trip again soon!

Reviewed 30 May 2013

I really enjoyed staying here ~ my room was comfortable, clean, and very quiet. The hallways were spotless and the elevator was very handy. Nice touch as well is that it's pet friendly. I would definitely choose this Comfort Inn again when I return to Peterborough. Next time though, I'll have to allot extra time to use the enticing pool!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Comfort0724, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2013

Thank you so much for your review after staying with us at the Comfort Hotel in Peterborough.

I’m so glad to hear you had the kind of experience we strive to give you here at our Hotel.

Our housekeeping staff works hard to keep the property in tip top shape as we know how important that is to all our guests.

We do allow furry friends in our hotel, another important touch for many of our guests.

We look forward to seeing you again and once again, thank you for choosing the Comfort Hotel.

Reviewed 14 May 2013

In Peterborough for work, this was my home for 2 1/2 weeks. Service was excellent; from the front desk to the breakfast staff to the housekeeping staff, everyone was friendly and helpful. My only complaint would be the cumbersome daily ritual of having to connect to the wifi but even when I had a problem with that, they immediately called the service provider for support (which was also friendly and excellent). I would definitely stay here again and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone travelling in the Peterborough area. Thanks for the cookies!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
annie_west10, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2013

Thank you so much for all your kind words and thoughts. Its always nice to hear we are on the right track in terms of customer service and care.

Service is a key element to making that happen. All of our staff are trained and genuinely want to provide the best service possible to our guests while they are with us at the Comfort Hotel & Suites.

A freindly smile, a helping hand and the ability to do their job well all lend to the kind of experience you had ( and I'm glad to hear it) with us.

I have passed on your comments regarding the internet connection to our Operations Manager.

Again let me say Thank You for your comments, I hope we see you again soon and....your welcome for the cookies!

Reviewed 21 April 2013

I did some research and after reading the reviews of this hotel, decided it looked like a good choice for us. I was wrong. Our requests for extra towels and pillows were denied as we were told the towels were "in the drier" and that there were no extra pillows....even though we were charged 15.00 for an extra cot but there were no extra pillows for our extra guest. We were also forced to use wet towels to "dry off" after a shower. The following morning, we came down for breakfast at 9am as we were told it was available until 10am. At 9:05, when I inquired about when there would be new food coming out since everything was near empty, I as well as others were told that the batch they brought out was the last...even though there were clearly at least 10-15 ppl who had just come in to sit down to eat. We scrounged up what we could, had to share chairs as there was nowhere left to sit, and watched as people around us literally ate with their fingers as even plastic cutlery was nowhere to be found. We were very dissapointed in our stay and would not recommend this hotel

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
annie_west10, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2013

First let me say thank you for taking the time to send in your comments and thoughts about our Hotel. These comments help us to judge how guests feel about the property, staff and service.

Our goal is to not only meet each guests expectations in terms of service and care, but to exceed them. Thats why i was truly disheartened to hear you left us unhappy.

Please know that I have taken each comment in your review and spoken to the appropriate supervisor about the specifics. They will each put a plan in place to ensure these individual things are not an issue again.

Again, thank you for letting us know about your concerns.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Peterborough
Super 8 Peterborough
#5 of 12 in Peterborough
Comfort Inn Port Hope
Comfort Inn Port Hope
#2 of 2 in Port Hope

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!