“Excellent Staff”

Peterborough Inn & Suites Hotel
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Peterborough
Reviewed 22 November 2011

I was recommended this hotel from a friend, although it isn't my typical stay I thought I would give it a try. I am glad I did. All the staff had smiles and were next to beside themselves to help me with any questions I had from directions to recommendations for entertainment and food. I was always greeted with hello no matter what time I came in at. Breakfast was cute and quiet, which I appreciated as no one has ever called me a morning person. I adored(!!) the warm fireplace and the wonderful deep whirlpool tubes. Perfect for the cold Canadian weather. Being downtown you have the opportunity to be steps away from everything yet inside the building was peaceful.

The next time I travel to peterborough I will be staying at Peterborough Inn.

Room Tip: The Standard King Room on the Fourth floor. No noise and lots of natural light.
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank McKenzie D

Reviewed 19 November 2011

This hotel is run by a non efficient manager who over books and then just shrugs her shoulders and does not try and help. I got married on September 17th 2011, they over booked the hotel and I was out of a suite for myself and wedding party to get ready, as well they over booked and I had more than three out of town guests without rooms. They did not offer anything to help but a shrug of the shoulders and: "I don't know what to tell you". I had guests who came a LONG way who did not have a place to stay and they other hotels in Peterborough were full because of tournaments. i heard as well that there was another wedding that same day with reservations and they did the same thing to them. My Dad was given a suite instead of a regular room which he did not ask for and they said sorry thats the only room we have so you will have to pay the $139.00 not the $99.00 you originally were promised! WOW!! I tried to follow up after by getting in touch with the manager however she declined my calls and didn't return any of my 13 messages! BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENT OF MY LIFE! THANK YOU PTBO INN AND SUITES! THANK YOU!

Room Tip: do not go here
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Ashley S
Chantelle S, Manager at Peterborough Inn & Suites Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2011

Thank you for your feedback about your experience at our hotel.It is very unfortunate that you had such a bad experience on the most important day of your life.
We do take Wedding contracts very seriously as we host about 40-50 weddings in a year.And this has never happened before. I am not sure who is at fault but I would like to apologize personally for your bad experience.I cannot fix what happened in the past but I would like you to give us another opportunity,please reach out to me personally. I would greatly appreciate an opportunity to ensure your satisfaction and earn your business for the long term. we at Peterborough inn and suites are working very hard in improving our hospitality.

Reviewed 19 November 2011

I recently stayed at the Peterborough Inn & Suites while on business in the Peterborough area.
Upon check in I was presented with a long list of rules for the hotel and a disclaimer that they required me to sign indicating they would be not responsible for any loss of personal property from my room. In addition to that, I was to authorize a credit card advance for my four night stay, including a $100.00 deposit for any damamges that I may make to the room. Upon seeing all of this and not accustomed to these types of deposits, I just wondered what type of clientel frequented the Hotel. I asked if I should be concerned about my safety while staying at this establishment? I was assurred by the desk person that I should be OK.
I advised that in light of my check in experience, I really didn't want to stay there and would like to cancel my reservation. The night clerk advised that there was a 24 hour notice required for check out and that I would be billed for one nights accomodation.
I then agreed to stay the night and gave my notice at 4:30 pm (Monday) that I would be checking out first thing the next day (Tuesday). The night clerk contacted the manager and advised us that the manager wanted to see us first thing in the morning.
Upon entering my room it looked tired and the fabric chair was obviously dirty. When checking the bathroom I found mounds of long black hair matted on the shower wall. I was not impressed.
In the morning my buisness partner and I went to check out of the Hotel. The morning desk clerk advised us that a 48 hour notice was required and that we will be billed an additional days' stay.
We advised that the night clerk had informed us that a 24 hour notice was required and we have complied with that and we would not pay any more than one nights accomodation.
I asked where the manager was, as we were told she would be there in the morning. I was then told that she would be in later at 9:00am.
My partner and I then requested that she review both of our rooms for damage and see the uncleanliness in the bathroom areas, of each of the rooms. She agreed and viewed our concerns with the cleanliness of the bathrooms.
She stated that she could not alter or give us our bills, as the manager had to do that. We both demanded that she contact the manager to find out how she could process our accounts and give us our bills, anything less was unacceptable.
We got our bills for one nights stay and left for the Holiday Inn up the road.
If this place spent more time on cleanliness, customer service and upgrading tired rooms, instead of making up rediculous rules, they may get positive recommendations and repeat customers.
I would not recommend this Hotel even to people I don't care for.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank BJH5803

Thank you for your feedback.The security deposit is a very common practice in many hotel all across Canada and the United States.Lot of times you don't know about it because most of the hotels will not tell you that they are holding a certain amount of money on you credit card ,we on the other hand believe in transparency and openly tell our customer about it.It is very unfortunate that the room that you stayed was not up to our standard and I am very sorry about that .We do take cleanliness very seriously .All fabric chairs and upholstery is steam cleaned at a regular basis.I do apologize for your unpleasant experience.please reach out to me personally as I would like you give us another opportunity to earn your loyalty.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

The Hotel manager, Chantelle, was very professional and responsive. I know the Hotel has new owners and I can tell they are determined to make Peterborough Inn & Suites Hotel the premier place to stay when in Peterborough. I suggest you give them a cahnce to ern your business.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
3  Thank Dennis B
Reviewed 4 October 2011

An old hotel, but nicely refinished. Staff were friendly and helpful. There was only two problems.

We had booked a room with a Queen size bed, what we got was an extra long double (54 inches wide). I was told that this was an "hotel Queen". I have googled "hotel Queen" and haven't been able to find any other referencte to that term.

Our room was an inside room with a window opening onto an airshaft, cooling was via a portable air-conditioner that vented into that airshaft and was not adequate, the room stayed quite warm..

Parking was a short bloock away, but I have walked further in large to my car in arger US properties.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank MG_Ottawa
Reviewed 27 September 2011

I stayed here a month ago while I was in the middle of relocating to Peterborough for school. When i first walked in I got this warm feeling as its got a classic French look to it. The front desk ladies were pleasant and were very kind to assisting me with directions around town as I would have got lost alone with all the one way streets. As I got to my room I was over looking the main st of Peterborough it over looked seeing all the other building. The room was very cosy looking and made me feel as if I was home. The breakfast was well presented, although I am a pick orange juice drinker so I was able to tell the difference. But all together it was a great place to stay. The price was reasonable and including a gym that made it comfortable for me, as I am not comfortable with public gyms. What can I say other then if you are looking for a place to stay I highly recommend this establishment. It was worth the call. Truly a home away from home. Thank you to all the staff who made my stay enjoyable.

Room Tip: I would recommend a courtyard as I got to see the room after I had booked in already I want to book...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Chy S
Reviewed 22 September 2011

I stayed at the Peterborough Inn & Suites Hotel while in town for business. The location is fantastic and close to everything in downtown Peterborough. One drawback is that parking for the hotel is located around the corner so make sure you drop your bags off first. The room I stayed in was clean, but is starting to show its age a bit. The bed was comfortable and the sheets were clean so overall I was happy with the room. The continental breakfast included with the stay was so-so, but it will do the trick if you need something quick before leaving. One thing the hotel definitely needs to work on is its front desk service. The two ladies at concierge were pleasant enough but were dressed more for the club than a hotel. They also carried on a lengthy side conversation during check in which was distracting. Bottom line: this hotel is a good option if you're on business travel and not too fussy about things. I don’t recommend this hotel for a couples or family stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Infinite_voyage
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peterborough
Holiday Inn Peterborough
#8 of 12 in Peterborough
Village Inn of Lakefield
Village Inn of Lakefield
#2 of 2 in Lakefield

Been to Peterborough Inn & Suites Hotel? Share your experiences!