“Best B&B we have ever stayed at!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Peterborough
Stillwater on the Lake
Ranked #1 of 14 Peterborough B&B and Inns
Tokyo, Japan
“Best B&B we have ever stayed at!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

My sister and I traveled from Japan to enjoy the fall colors in Ontario. (fall colors in Canada is very fomouse in Japan.)
The journey from Japan was so long and we were very tired but when we arrived at stillwater on the lake, we felt like we are finally in the heven!!
Very gorjeous suite,lovely gardens, the amaizing view over the lake, the fantastic breakfast, and wonderful host Sunny and Peter, Everything was perfect!!
We rode a pedal boat in the morning and enjoyed to see gorgeouse sunrise from the lake!!
We wolud love to return even from Japan!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank E-Travel-monkey
Sunny M, Owner at Stillwater on the Lake, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Thank you so much Emi and Ayumi. It was such a pleasure meeting both of you! Your enthusiasm for life is incredibly contagious and it was a pleasure just being around you! I'm glad we were able to fulfill some of your dreams with the pedal boating and the horseback riding! Come back and visit us anytime.........you are always welcome at Stillwater on the Lake. Konichiwa!!!!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2013

Just got back from Stillwater on the Lake this past weekend - I had planned a weekend getaway for my boyfriend's birthday and decided to take a chance on a B&B experience, thank god I did!! Stillwater on the Lake is a hidden treasure!! This was probably the best weekend getaway I've had in a really long time. We were greeted by Peter who showed us around when we first arrived and got us settled in and treated us to a delicious cheese platter. A few minutes later, Sunny comes home and gives us both big warm hugs and starts instructing us on where we can go to eat, to shop, to look around, etc. It honestly felt like we were staying with family. It was such a relaxed atmosphere, beautiful scenery, and both Peter and Sunny were so accommodating by making sure we had everything we needed. The suite was beautiful, well decorated and modern, and so comfortable. The suit is also well stocked, they anticipate everything that you may need from toothpaste to allergy medicine. The shower is large enough for two, the king size bed provided one of the best sleeps I've ever had, and THE HOT TUB! Breakfast was delicious, french toast the first day and eggs benedict the second. Sunny and Peter were so thoughtful, they had a birthday cake waiting for us by a lit fireplace after we had returned from dinner on Saturday night. They thought of everything to make sure that we had the best experience possible. I cant thank them enough for blowing our minds this weekend and welcoming us to their slice of paradise. Can't wait to come back!!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Sunny M, Owner at Stillwater on the Lake, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thank so very much for the lovely review Karthika. Peter and I are so happy that we were able to help make Michael's birthday so special for both of you. What an incredibly thoughtful gift to give him the gift of relaxation and romance at Stillwater on the Lake. We welcome you back anytime you you need a break!
Espanola, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

I decided to surprise my fiance for her birthday with a romantic B&B weekend. We love B&Bs and I wanted this weekend to be extra-special. I reviewed all of the “Ontario” B&Bs on BB Canada and liked the look and feel of Stillwater on the Lake the best. WOW............What an experience! Sunny responded to my email right away and prior to our arrival she sent us a listing of what was happening in the Kawarthas that weekend. By the time we arrived, I felt like I knew her! We were greeted upon arrival by two of the friendliest hosts we have ever met. My fiance was so excited! Sunny and Peter walked us through the property and got us settled in the Deckside side which is located up at the main house. Website photos can sometimes be deceiving but not in this case! The photos did not do the property justice! It was spectacular! The gardens were breathtaking! Our suite was massive and anchored by a floor-to-ceiling stone fireplace. The décor was right out of a magazine and the entire property had such a sophisticated, elegant feel. We had a stocked mini bar and a Tassimo coffeemaker. The suite amenities were spa-quality and every room in the suite overlooked the lake. It was bigger than some apartments I’ve lived in! We spent our evenings in the screened-in enclosure where the hot tub was located. It was so quiet and romantic. We slept like babies and awakened to amazing lakeviews and spectacular sunrises. The breakfast was incredible and delicious and was served overlooking the lake. When I spoke to Sunny prior to arriving she asked if I would like her to arrange a “couples” massage for us. After breakfast we were treated to the most sensual experience we have ever had. The massage therapists were set up in a cedar gazebo overlooking the lake. We’ll never forget it – we were lulled into relaxation with the sounds of Enya permeating the entire property and the trickle of the waterfalls in the background.......I can only describe it as amazing................... Well, needless to say, we decided to have our wedding ceremony at Stillwater on the Lake next July. This truly was the most incredible B&B experience we have ever had. This is not a B&B room in someone’s house..........this is an experience! We can’t wait for our wedding day!!!! Thank you so much Sunny and Peter.........Wow...wow...wow.............thanks for sharing your secret paradise with us.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Sunny M, Owner at Stillwater on the Lake, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thanks so much for your review Sal. Peter and I really enjoyed meeting you and Carthington and we're very excited to be hosting your wedding in July!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

My boyfriend and I have stayed in numerous B&Bs in Canada and the U.S. to celebrate various occasions but Stillwater was by far the best one we've ever visited. Sunny and Peter not only catered to our schedules but also anticipated our needs. Sunny had prepared a gourmet cheese plate (complimentary) on the off chance that we arrived hungry. The room was modern, luxurious, romantic and impeccably clean. We stayed in the cottage on the lake and got to enjoy stepping out from our room at sunrise in the morning and when the stars were out at night. The atmosphere was peaceful and the bed was so comfortable that we fell asleep almost instantly. Our favourite amenities of the room were the fireplace and heated bathroom floors. The breakfast in the morning included homemade banana muffins, fruit, other pastries and salmon eggs benedict. The grounds and gardens are beautiful. I highly recommend it for a formal event. Sunny mentioned there will be high tea in the summer and we're already planning our return trip for that.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Sunny M, Owner at Stillwater on the Lake, responded to this review, 27 October 2013
Thank you so much for your lovely review, Jessica. It was such a pleasure getting to know you and Jeffrey and I hope you enjoyed your rest and relaxation here at Stillwater! Looking forward to your return visit in the summertime! Will keep you posted on our high tea schedule!
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2013

We recently stayed for 1 night over Thanksgiving weekend (booked 2 nights but had to cut our trip short due to family emergency). We did not expect a Bed& Breakfast to be so luxurious and the service so superb. If you would like to get away from it all - this is the place. The rooms and the whole property are top notch and to really appreciate the beauty of the property you have to stay here when flowers are blooming. It was also a treat to meet Sunny and Peter, what lovely people! We wish we could have stayed longer and hopefully will be back some day. Stillwater on the Lake is a real gem.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Sunny M, Owner at Stillwater on the Lake, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Thank you Vicky - for the wonderful review. Peter and I were deeply saddened by your family emergency and we hope that your Mom everything is OK with your Mom. We are awaiting your return as it was such a pleasure getting to know you and David. Take good care and we hope to see you back soon!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed here the night of our wedding. We were greeted by Peter who waited up for us (2:00am!). He kindly showed us to our lakeside room. The hospitality of Sunny and Peter is unparalleled and the property is absolutely beautiful!! We only stayed a short time but can't wait to go back! Our room and view were amazing and comfortable! Sunny prepared us a breakfast that was out of this world! What an amazing way to spend our wedding night together!!!
Thank you Sunny and Peter.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Sunny M, Owner at Stillwater on the Lake, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank you so much for the lovely review Amanda............your stay was so short and sweet! It was a pleasure meeting you and Derek and I hope you come back to visit us on one of your anniversaries!
Oshawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

My husband and I just celebrated our 27th anniversary with the best gift we could give ourselves - a 3-night stay at Stillwater on the Lake. We found it featured on the Ontario Tourism website. Amidst the brilliant fall colours of the Kawarthas we found a piece of paradise minutes away from Peterborough. Sunny and Peter greeted us with a genuine inviting warmth that never wavered our entire stay. We were welcomed to our suite to find a fire burning in the gorgeous fireplace, a delectable cheese tray, refreshing mojitos and sweet jazz playing. Well-appointed and luxurious our suite had a living room, bedroom, private bathroom and stunning views of the lake from every room. Nothing like waking up to the full view of the sun rising over the lake! With a screened in deck the length of our suite which also featured a hot tub we never felt confined. We were urged to explore the grounds which featured multi-tiered decks and a spectacular garden that led you down to the lake. There was a new discovery around every corner and we delighted in afternoon naps in the gazebo. The perfect place to reconnect, rejuvenate and truly relax.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Sunny M, Owner at Stillwater on the Lake, responded to this review, 16 October 2013
Thanks so much for the beautiful review Donna and Shane! Peter and I were very happy to have made your 27th Anniversary so special. It was such a pleasure getting to know both of you and Stillwater is your home whenever you choose to return! I"ve pencilled you in for your 28th!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Peterborough
BEST WESTERN PLUS Otonabee Inn
#3 of 12 in Peterborough
Angel's Rest Bed & Breakfast
Angel's Rest Bed & Breakfast
#3 of 14 in Peterborough

Been to Stillwater on the Lake? Share your experiences!