“Was just ok”

Ranked #55 of 325 Restaurants in Peterborough
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 19 February 2014

It was just okay- kind of boring especially since they boast a Red Seal Chef- service wasn't very attentive- those eating alone are people too

Reviewed 10 February 2014

My boyfriend and I decided to try Charlotte Anne's out last night and boy were we surprised! The food was all very reasonably priced, with our Mushroom Swiss Burger with fries and Feta Bacon Burger with Caesar salad coming to $24.60 total with my student discount of 10%. The portions were wonderful, with almost an entree sized salad for a side. The homemade burgers were delicious, especially with the potato scallion bun. Our server was very friendly and extremely attentive, and the food wasn't too long of a wait. Definitely recommend this restaurant, and they had a wide selection to keep everyone happy, from nachoes to over half a dozen burgers, salads, wraps, wings, croissants and glazed salmon (which was only $14.99!).

Reviewed 4 December 2013

Last year I did a bit of research on Charlotte Anne's and got scared off reading all the bad reviews, but circumstances aligned to where I decided to try it and boy, am I glad I did! Under new management, the food is delicious. I have tried the Greek burger and the Bacon & Feta burger and they are so yummy. I love that you can get half fries and half caesar salad with it too as both are tasty. I have also tried the chicken pot pie daily special. Even though I now go about once a week I have never been disappointed - always consistently good and those I've eaten with have raved about their meals too (including stir fry, lasagna, and burgers)! The desserts are homemade and so sinfully divine. I've had the caramel brownie cheesecake and apple crisp but hope to try the other desserts in the future. I also like the fact that you can enjoy a quiet meal inside the historic house (that's been newly painted inside), or sit outside on the patio in summer.

I would recommend Charlotte Anne's for date night, business meetings, and enjoying lunch or dinner with friends. If you went there in the past and were disappointed then I'd give them and the new ownership a try.

Reviewed 25 November 2013

Charlotte Anne's has turned into our Monday date-night spot as the service is always super-friendly and the food delicious. There is a recent glut of "gourmet" burger places popping up in the downtown Ptbo core and to my surprise Charlotte Anne's has the best of the of bunch! My personal favourites are Charlotte's Own and the Feta Bacon Burger. A big plus to me is the fact that the buns used are always fresh but don't get wet and sloppy. The consistency is perfect to enjoy the burger to the last bite. Don't feel like burgers?…they have comfort food such as chicken pot pie, stir fry and daily specials. Haven't tried the Sunday brunch yet but its on our "to-do" list. It's an older building that is tucked away from the hustle and bustle of downtown but there is a charm that needs to be experienced. Give it a try!

1  Thank Reignman4040
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I don't get to Peterborough much anymore, but I always stop here if I'm there. It's a very pleasant place. It's not extraordinary, but it's very good. Perhaps my review is tainted by the fact that I spend many Sunday's having brunch here, but I'm never disappointed when I return.

1  Thank mikesloan