“New owners -- never going back”
Review of Charlotte Anne's

Charlotte Anne's
Ranked #48 of 335 Restaurants in Peterborough
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This used to be my favourite restaurant but no longer. In March we went for a family dinner; my husband, father, daughter and grandchildren. After being seated in the rear room it was at least 10 minutes before our server came back to take our drink orders. At that time we requested to order our food as well. My daughters meal came first. She is vegan and therefore had requested her meal minus the chicken. It came with chicken on it. She had to return it. My meal came next --- yes, they arrived one at a time. It was fine. My fathers liver came next and we sat waiting for the others to receive their meals. We waited, and waited and finally began eating before our meals got cold. My husbands meal and my daughters replacement meal arrived yet the two young children with us had yet to receive their meals chosen from the kids menu. When we asked we were told they would be a few more minutes. The children should have been served first! My father and I were finished before the children's meals came. The food was not up to the standards that we are used to at this location and the service was awful. We were there for over 2 hours with a 4 and 5 year old. Not a pleasant dinner out.
About a month later my husband and I decided to give it another try, assuming that was just an 'off' night. This experience was even worse and the food was terrible.
Never going back.

5  Thank Cindy C

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Had a great dinner here Saturday, the food is great simple and classic exactly what we've come to expect from Charlotte Annes. Congrats to the new owner, we look forward to many more meals from you.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

We stopped by this place not sure what to expect and were very delighted with our experience. Our server was very attentive and our food was delicious. I had their "famous" burger which was very flavorful and my partner had the homemade clam chowder and the corn beef on rye. I really liked the idea that I could get half & half which was Caesar salad and fresh cut fries with my burger. We did not try the deserts but they looked really good. We now have this place on our list when visiting Peterborough.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Shortly after I moved to Peterborough a friend recommended this restaurant to me. I have taken all my out of town friends and family here from one time or another and everyone loves it. Good food, generous portion, fair price and a great patio in the summertime. Be sure to have the carrot cake!

Reviewed 19 February 2014

It was just okay- kind of boring especially since they boast a Red Seal Chef- service wasn't very attentive- those eating alone are people too