“Good motel indeed”
Review of Robyn's Motel

Robyn's Motel
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Peterborough
Reviewed 29 August 2013

We have been travelling through Canada a lot - from prairies to west provinces and to east provinces; Robyn's motel is one of the best we have seen so far. Nice, tidy (although pretty small) room - we had room with one king size bed - with TV, microwave, fridge and free internet. Comfortable bed, a/c, no noise from highway - good stay for tired travelers. Quick check-in and price is only $55 per night - great value-service offer.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
8  Thank 13Vera_G

Reviewed 2 December 2012

Stayed here for one night by myself, booking through hotel.com. Conveniently located just outside Peterborough on Hwy 7 on the way to Ottawa, I found the motel staff friendly,and helpful, while the room was clean, cozy and well appointed with everything I needed, including a small fridge and microwave. I slept very well here, not once hearing the traffic. My room was bright and the price was great. I would definately stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank SunSeekerRon
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I made a mistake on my room booking, I thought I had reserved two beds in one room. But there was only one. The owner suggested to open the couch in the room for us and added an extra mattress and bed sheets/pillow on top of it. And he didn't even charge me more, even thought I'm sure he could have. In my book, that's an excellent customer service! :-) I really appreciated it.

The room was small but very clean! Even the outside of the hotel looked great. You have a refrigerator + microwave + internet, which is all very appreciated. Bed, sheets & pillows all very comfortable and clean.

It's only about 5-10 minutes from downtown Peterborough and there are Tim Hortons all around the place. So it doesn't matter at all that there are no breakfasts included.

If you're going in Peterborough and are tight on budget, I defenetely recommend this motel. You get much more than asked for the price of it.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Fanie G
Reviewed 11 June 2012

This motel is great for the traveler. I found the room clean, beds were very comfortable, new tv, fridge, stove, (no coffee maker), owners were very friendly, altho near highway no traffic could be heard, it delivers the basic requirements for a comfortable overnight stay. Of most importance (after cleanliness) is the very reasonable cost. Would recommend to anyone looking for a basic motel for overnight.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank thegrandstan
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We found the price cheap and the service we received explains why, the gentleman was rude and ignorant to us as well as another couple checking in. We noticed white powder on the floor against the walls and when we asked were told with no concern for our daughter(3) that it was rat poison. We found the bed lumpy and uncomfortable. The redid the décor it looks nice it really does but look nice and be nice is different I gave it an average as most motels like this are the same I have learner

Room Tip: We stayed in room 7 and i saw 8,9 and 10 they were the same
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank FunOntarioTraveler
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I've given this modest motel a "4"rating, not for the purpose of suggesting it's comparable to a Hilton or Sheraton, but to emphasize how well it performs in its own particular category.
It essentially delivers the basics and little more — but does so extremely well. The bed is comfortable. The heating and cooling system works. The bathroom is adequately equipped. The satellite TV works. Free internet access is available. The units are spotless. And you get a warm and helpful welcome from the family that operates it.
I often stop here overnight to break the lengthy drive between Ottawa and Toronto. Numerous eating places are available minutes away, as is the connecting road to the main 401 highway. And the value is exceptional

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank travelling1935
Reviewed 28 March 2011

I need to stay in the area at the same time each year. I have stayed at all of the other hotels along the landsdowne and 7 over the years. The Robyn has clean rooms and bathrooms at a really good price. Best value I have found in all the years I have been doing this trip.

• Stayed: March 2011