“Stick to the fish & chips.”

Jeff Purvey's Seafood
Ranked #69 of 336 Restaurants in Peterborough
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Third visit here over the past 20 odd years on our way thru Peterborough. This old institution hasn’t changed much if at all. Honest fish and chips and good value, really (I mean, where can you get two big pieces of halibut for $20 these days?).

Wife add her usual halibut. Nice and golden, flaky and tasty. Very good. Me? Took a chance on the salmon as I didn’t want fried. Bad idea. The thin end piece was way over done and was pan fried in this gross oily substance of some kind. Not good!
Fries, though, were good as was the coleslaw.

Go but definitely stick to their forte. Fish and chips.

1  Thank WhiteLakeDan

Reviewed 10 April 2018

Had Purveys again recently...take-out. We always get the dinner for 4, and we love the fish so much. I love it so much, that I eat most of my fish before I eat any fries or cole slaw, as I can't stop eating it!!. We have this meal about 2-3 times a year, mostly bringing the meal home, or at family get-togethers, but sometimes dine-in. Service is always good.

Reviewed 1 February 2018

Not only did they mess up my order, they tried to blame me for their miscommunication. Even though the server repeated the order TWICE. Completely unapologetic and utterly unprofessional. The food is fine, but very poor service.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

We have driven by this place several time and because of the Music Festival Diners card we finally tried this restaurant. Why did we wait so long? The fish and chips were perfect. Crisp and yummy. Our server was very attentive and friendly. Looking forward to returning.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

Eating here tones of times. Never was sick from them. Fries could be a bit more cooked. Cole slaw is great also. Great servers as well.