“Delightful Visit!”

Ranked #4 of 8 things to do in Queenston
Kingston, Canada
“Delightful Visit!”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

In my recent trip to the Laura Secord Homestad, I had a wonderful time. The exhibit was well laid out, the staff were knowledgeable and friendly, particularly Abbey who really brought to life the historic deeds of Laura and the events of the War of 1812. What a delightful visit!

Visited June 2014

St. Catharines, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Great little gem.”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

My friend and I stopped in here for an ice cream on the way to Niagara on the Lake. A young lady was spinning wool and we asked her a few questions. She was hilarious, and we learned so many little tidbits about the time period. She even showed us how to work a loom that they have set up for guests.
We decided to catch up to a tour that just left. The girl who was our guide was very friendly, and even though we were late add ons, we were not rushed at all. The information was not dry and you are allowed to take pictures throughout. After the tour the guide went over everything we had missed and even walked us around the property explaining the gardens. There was also a small museum that you can visit to learn more about other personalities from the area.
I have to say the highlight for us was the people working there. We asked everything from questions about Laura Secord to the wineries to the nightlife in the Falls.They had all the answers and suggested places we had not heard of even being from the area.They even called places for us to make sure they had the correct hours before sending us there. Amazing little attraction.

1 Thank Melony C
Buffalo NY
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Pleasant and Informative, but not amazing”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

My boyfriend and i recently won a packet of vouchers for activities in the Buffalo Niagara Region, so we decided to drive up from our home in Buffalo to use the Niagara Parks Passes we won.

Our second stop along the way was the Laura Secord Homestead. Before this tour I had no idea who Laura was or why she was significant. The tour was informative, and I did learn a lot about her. We were the only one's on the tour, so for the second time that day we had it all to ourselves.

Our tour guide was nice enough and he knew his stuff, but he was a little awkward and there were a lot of awkward silences in between our questions and his talking. I felt pressured to ask a lot of questions, so I was trying to think of anything I could ask to fill the silence. It was a short tour and I'm not sure I would have been happy paying for it if we didn't have the vouchers.

The garden was nice, and the little outbuilding with some interactive information was cool. We didn't buy anything in the shop, but the bathrooms were very clean.

I enjoyed learning about Laura and her walk, but I wish there had been more people in our tour, maybe it would have been a better experience.

Toronto, Canada
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best ice cream cones around the area”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This is a very interesting piece of history, well presented, with a very good gift and souvenir shop. And for 2$ you can get the biggest ice cream cone imaginable!

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Anthony K
East Earl, Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just in time”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We arrived just in time to catch a tour and had the guide to ourselves. The guide was well informed and open to any questions we had. A good learning experience for us.

1 Thank Chris L